Pot Scrubby Crochet Pattern and Milo’s Tea!

Pot Scrubby Crochet Pattern

dish scrub crochet pattern

Chain 4.  Join.  Double Crochet 10 times in loop.  Join with first DC.  Chain 1.

dish scrub crochet pattern

Begin working around with 2 dc in the back loop of each stitch. Work until circle becomes approximately 3″ in diameter.  When you reach the end of a strip, simply tie a new strip to the end of the working strip.  Ensure that the knot is at the back of your project.

free crochet scrubby pattern

dish scrub crochet pattern

Once you reach the 3″ mark, dc in each stitch for one entire round.  This will cause your scrubby to start to form a bowl shape.

dish scrub crochet pattern

Now we start to decrease to form the back of the scrubby.  *dc, skip 1 st, dc* repeat until the top is closed.  When you have closed the top, tie off the last stitch.

dish scrub crochet pattern

Push all ends into the scrubby.

dish scrub crochet pattern

Yep.  I got carried away.  I had my Christmas music playing, the tree was lit, my cinnamon spice candle was burning and my glass of Milo’s Tea was icy and delicious!

milos tea3

Speaking of which, did you know that Milo’s Tea Company uses only fresh, natural ingredients in their teas? They contain no preservatives, or additives.  These days, I’m always looking for better options.  And Milo’s Tea is available sweetened with pure cane sugar, or with the no calorie, unsweet option.

free crochet scrubby pattern

A little background on Milo’s Tea Company that might interest you: they are a family owned business located in Bessemer, AL.  Founded in 1946, their philosophy is simple- use high quality, fresh, natural ingredients, listen to your customers and never sacrifice taste.

dish scrub crochet pattern

Milo’s Tea is a great crafting companion.  But consider it for your next party too!  I’m betting your guests will love it as much as I do!

dish scrub crochet pattern

You can find Milo’s Tea at your local Walmart.  Just check out the selection!

milos tea2

Right now you can buy 2 gallons of Milo’s Tea for just $5 on rollback while supplies last!

For more holiday ideas, visit Milo’s Tea at the following links:

What projects are you making this year for holiday gifts?

For over 200 crafty tutorials for all ages, visit my Tutorial Page!

Pages: 1 2

• Barbara Haley May 28, 2016, 11:03 am

Thank you for pattern , I had received one of these , as a gift, and always wanted the pattern . Thank you again

• Besseling Jean May 8, 2016, 6:41 pm

When a shower scrubby falls apart I make scrubbies out of them just cut into strips recycle

• Pam December 20, 2015, 2:17 pm

You do know if a knitted pattern that can make these scrubbed? For some reason I cannot get the hang of crocheting. I love them and would love to knit some for Christmas presents next year, and of course knit a couple for myself.

Thanks.

• Marny CA July 25, 2016, 1:18 am

How about Casting On however many stitches you want for the finished size, and then knit every row until it’s the size you want.

Leave the finished rectangle (for instance) as is, or fold it in half and stitch around the edges.

No one says a scrubby has to be a puffy circle.

• Sharilee December 16, 2015, 11:29 am

Wow! I have always wondered how these are made. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Lois December 15, 2015, 6:36 pm

I have made 100’s of these over the past few years. I cut my strips in 2″ strips the width of the net. I use 7 strips per scrubbie and tie them together. The easiest way to cut them is use a rotary cutter and a cutting mat.

• Susan Myers December 16, 2015, 10:39 pm

Hi Lois!

Thanks so much for the great tips!!

• Anonymous December 21, 2015, 1:54 pm

Could you be a little more helpful ,as I have never crochet in my live but really love the pot scrubbys and can’t always find a craft sale to buy then .i do not know how to start it or your turns of letters.

• Jessy @ The Life Jolie December 15, 2015, 2:33 pm

What a great idea! I actually think these would be great stocking stuffers!

• Kimberlee December 14, 2015, 9:38 pm

Those little scrubbies are the best. My husbands 90 year old aunt still makes them and we get some from her occasionally.

• VickiT December 9, 2015, 6:34 am

THANK YOU so much Suzy for taking your time to create this! I am so happy you took the time from your other things you have going on to figure this out! You are awesome! I’m very glad that you are going to be using those in gift bags as well.

As I had said, I’ve been searching for something like this for a number of years now and all I kept finding was something similar made from other materials than the netting and I knew that wasn’t what I wanted. My one question now, since I haven’t even attempted to find it, is where this nylon netting is found. Is it sold on small bolts similar to tulle and in that same area of a fabric store or by the bolt where one would need to take it to be cut to size at the cutting tables? I know it’s similar to what those body scrubby things are made from and really I wonder if ripping one of those apart would work since they are found so cheaply at dollar stores and others. I’ll resort from attempting to use my old ones though once they are no longer usable in the shower. LOL (of course, that may be a cheap way for me to see if I can figure out how to follow your instructions without spending money even if it goes to the trash afterward)

I do know whatever I do, this won’t be until early next year as I have far too many things to get done before the holidays that I haven’t even started yet. 🙁 Sometimes I really hate myself for being the Queen of Procrastination and one that works so much better under pressure of a deadline. That is something I REALLY need to stop as it just adds stress to my life at times I don’t need to have it.

Thank you again for taking your time to figure this out.

• Susan Myers December 10, 2015, 9:41 am

Hi Vicki!

You are very welcome! I should thank you for the suggestion! I love it when readers ask me to figure something out.

As for the netting, I found mine at JoAnnes Fabric store in the specialty fabric section. They had lots of colors so I couldn’t pick just one. It is inexpensive and I bought just a half yard of each. Netting and tulle are two different things. Netting is a bit stiffer and makes a better pot scrubber, while tulle is often used in things like body scrubbys. Of course, I do believe that you could get away with using either one.

Why not start with a body scrubby and see what you can come up with? Would love to see what you make!

• DiEtta December 7, 2015, 1:21 pm

Wow Suzy thanks for sharing this pattern with us. My mom would always bring one of these to me every once in a while! She loved making them! ! It brings back “warm fuzzy” memories of my mom. I miss her so much. It’s been just over a year that I lost her. But her memories are here with us through all her home made crochet things she left behind. Thanks again Suzy…..down loaded the pattern and will be passing my moms memories on thru these. 🙂

• Susan Myers December 10, 2015, 9:46 am

Hi Dietta!
      I’m so sorry to hear about your mom passing. I know it is hard. Especially this time of year. I’m glad that this pattern brought back fond memories for you!

• Lynda December 7, 2015, 10:16 am

Those are really cool and pretty too!