Feature Friday- More Ukrainian Eggs!

I’ve been working on creating some new items for my Etsy shop the craft shop in Newnan, and at the same time trying to perfect creating Ukrainian ostrich eggs.  I didn’t realize how different each type of egg could be to work with.  But currently, I deal with chicken, duck, goose and ostrich eggs.

This is my latest Ostrich egg…

Ukrainian Ostrich Egg

Ukrainian ostrich egg

I’ve also put together a couple of cute egg nests using duck eggs.

These items will be going to Bell’s Handcrafts in Newnan, GA tomorrow.  If you are in the area, please stop by and say, “hi”!  I will be in the shop doing a Ukrainian egg demo.  Should be lots of fun!

And stay tuned for next week when I show you how to make something cute and happy with real chicken eggs. Here’s a sneak peek…

Shop Baby Bedhead for 100% Made-in-America Pajamas from BedheadPJs.com for the important little people in your life - starting at only $42! - 300x250

• BeColorful March 18, 2012, 6:26 pm

These are truly amazing. Gorgeous. So thrilled you shared them on BeColorful.
    pam

• Jill March 12, 2012, 7:43 pm

Beautiful Eggs Suzy – I wish I could come and watch your demo!!
    And I’m looking forward to next week’s egg tute!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

• Shiloh March 12, 2012, 2:03 pm

Wow! These are beautiful! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like that. I definitely didn’t realize you could still do it. What an awesome thing to sell on Etsy. I love them.

• Virginia March 12, 2012, 12:21 am

Wow! Your eggs are beautiful! I tried this a few years ago with a friend. I am an artist yet I found it to be very hard! So, I really appreciate your talents.
    I have visited your blog before and didn’t realize until now that we are neighbors (sort of). I live in Fayetteville. I hope to visit your store sometime!

• DogsMom March 11, 2012, 5:50 pm

I am coming back to see how you make these for sure.
    When I get a break I am going to also come back and relax by clicking some links.

• Brenda Williams March 10, 2012, 8:26 pm

Love these eggs. You do such a beautiful job. Just a little far from Western Oklahoma to stop by the store:(

• CREATIVE MIND March 10, 2012, 4:22 am

So cute..cant wait to see your coming cutie creation with eggs :)
    Love ~

• Dawn Storey March 9, 2012, 8:29 pm

Happy Friday! When you get a moment, please stop by my blog and pick up your award! :)

• aula March 9, 2012, 2:54 pm

Gorgeous designs, and the chick eggs are sooo cute!!!

• Lynda March 9, 2012, 2:17 pm

OMG that ostrich egg is huge!!!! It’s beautiful too, you did such an awesome job on that. I love the duck egg nests. The red and black one is my favorite, sorta reminds me of a deck of cards. How about doing a set of four eggs with a suit on each egg like a deck of cards? I would love that, hint hint, LOL

• Tamara @ Etcetorize March 9, 2012, 12:08 pm

Wow, so nice! I’ve never thought about using Ostrich eggs, I really like them. Have you ever tried using quail eggs? They’re much smaller than chicken eggs and usually have a splotchy exterior. Might be quite interesting.