1. We featured Bonnie from Pink Stitches on Commercial Break Thursday. Bonnie specializes in sewing, quilting and crochet and her website is chock full of creative ideas. Be sure to check her site out. And don’t forget to post a link to your latest project, your website or your etsy store! This time of year, there is nothing better than free advertising!
2. On Etsy Monday, we took a look at great items that would make fabulous gifts. Remember that Etsy is a great place to go for unique, well-made, hand made items. Be sure to check out Etsy this week as I’m sure there will be lots of great sales in honor of Cyber Monday.
3. The folks at Avocados from Mexico are sponsoring a Mini Chef Video contest for parents of children ages 5-15. Just submit a 1-3 minute video of your child preparing an avocado dish for the opportunity to win some great prizes! How about $1000, an HD Camcorder, a Nintendo 3D? For more details, be sure to check out their website. What a fun way to introduce your kids to avocados!
4. Love those cinnamon scented pinecones in the stores? Here is an easy way to make them yourself using the pinecones from your yard! Check out my tutorial on creating your own scented pinecones. A great way to decorate beautifully on a tight budget. And they make your house smell like the holidays!
5. I reviewed the E-book, Beginner and Intermediate Brioche Knitting by Liat Gat. Be sure to check out this very unique knitting stitch. It is not only fabulously stretchy, but reversible! Perfect for hand-knitted scarves! Liat’s e-book walks you through the stitch step-by-step, and give you lots of other great lessons to improve your knitting skills. Be sure to check it out!
6. On Creating Success Around the World, I interviewed Monica from Arma Dei. Monica comes to us from Canada, and her website is a great place to go for wonderful instructional toys and craft ideas for young children. And Monica happens to have photos of our buddy Tom Selleck from the 80’s! Apparently what happens in Canada, doesn’t stay in Canada. Right, Tom?
7. My sponsor, Linda from LTCreates Jewelry showed us some fabulousness from her Etsy shop. Linda transforms old silverware into wearable art. Her shop is full of some amazing pieces that would make great gifts for loved ones. Remember to shop Etsy for great hand-made gifts!
The Sitcom is protected by a guard chihuahua with PMS and terrible breath. Beware! Feel free to link to or feature (no more than one image, please) any tutorials on this site, as long as credit is given and permission is obtained by the author. Tutorials are for personal (non-commercial) use only.