Faux Stained Glass with Acrylic Paint and Glue

I love to peruse my vintage craft books and bring back ideas that seem new to some.  And I stumbled upon an idea to create faux stained glass using only acrylic paint and glue.  What is great about this project is that you can make it as simple or as complicated as you like.

faux stained glass with acrylic paint and glue

The project is relatively child friendly and a page from a coloring book can be used for your pattern along with an 8×10 photo frame.  Or, you can go all complicated like I tend to do and use a huge sheet of glass and draw out a ridiculously detailed pattern.

Your choice.

One 32 x 24 thrift store framed picture covered with glass
One bottle of white glue
One bottle of clear glue
Acrylic paints
Black Sharpie pen
Craft Blade
Super Glue
Peacock pattern (or page from a coloring book)
Clear acrylic spray sealant

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

I started by drawing out my pattern in the same size as my sheet of glass.  I love the color blue and lately, I have been drawing peacocks.  Why?  I have no idea, but they are being incorporated in several projects this month.  I checked the Chinese calendar to see if maybe this was the year of the peacock, and it turned out to be the year of the rabbit.  So apparently, I’m just kinda weird.  But peacock it is.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and gluefaux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

I then took my thrift store find apart, and set aside the frame for later.  I then sprayed the glass with clear acrylic spray.  This is important as it gives the paint and glue something to adhere to.   I then laid the sheet of glass over my pattern.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

I took my bottle of white glue and dumped just a small bit out so that I would have room to add color to it.  I then added about a teaspoon of black acrylic paint and stirred it up with a wooden dowel.  Add enough black paint to make a solid color.  You will be surprised, but it doesn’t take a ton of paint to change your white glue to black.  Then put the nozzle back on.  Your glue is now ready for the next step.

Carefully squeeze the glue onto the glass, following the lines of your pattern.  Try not to have shakey hand syndrome like I do, but even if you do, it can be fixed.  Once all your lines have been drawn in, allow it to sit overnight to dry completely.

Once it is dry, you can go over it with a craft blade and correct any shakey lines or errors.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

For the next step, I used a small muffin tin to mix up my colors.  I used about a tablespoon of clear glue to one or two drops of acrylic paint.  You will be surprised at how easy it is to add pigment to clear glue.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

Use a blunt paintbrush and add your colors where you want them.  Put it on thickly and be sure to get your colored glue all the way up to the edges of the black lines.  Take your time and if you see any air bubbles in the glue, use a toothpick to pop them.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

For a variegated marbled look, add a color to each side of a section and push them together with your brush, mixing them in the middle.  Allow this to dry overnight.

faux stained glass made from acrylic paint and glue

My final step was to do some touch-up with my sharpie pen on the leading where I overlapped with paint in places.  If you are neat to begin with, you might be able to skip this step.  I’m not neat.  So my friend, the sharpie, was put to use.

I painted the frame a deep blue and then used super glue to glue the glass back into the frame.  This can sit in a windowsill where the sunlight can shine through, or you can hang it on a wall.  Either way, it turns out pretty decent and costs just pennies.  And looks just as good as those expensive stained glass paints that you can buy at the craft store.

Edited: One suggestion for this project is to finish it with a coat of clear acrylic spray sealant in order to protect it.

faux stained glass with acrylic paint and glue

I am now offering this Majestic Peacock Pattern or kit and pattern in my on-line store!  Please stop by and check out my collection of kits and eBook patterns!

If you enjoyed this tutorial, stop by and check out my Faux Marble Ceiling Tutorial.  This is another way of taking inexpensive materials and creating a look that is unique and expensive looking.

Also, you might enjoy my Quilled Monogram Tutorial.  Paper quilling can be a very inexpensive art.  This project looks complicated, but the simplicity will surprise you.  And all done for pennies…

faux stained glass luminary

A different technique was used to create this beautiful luminary on Crafts by Amanda!  You can find her tutorial for this project here: Faux Stained Glass Mosaic Luminary.

For over 200 crafty tutorials for all ages, visit my Tutorial Page!

• Renee October 6, 2015, 10:45 am

I love both of these! They are really beautiful, yet with practice would be easy to make.
    I read the articles, and I had a couple questions…
    The one has heat… so I assume the paints in the bottles are heat safe. Would the paints that are mixed with the glue, with the sprayed top coat be heat safe?
    The lead paint from the bottle..would it look nice used on the peacock picture?
    You had said the paint in the bottles were kindof ‘thick’…is there something you can add to that paint like you did the first one?
    What would you do differently now that it’s all over?
    Any of these questions you answer would be awesome! Thank you!

• Susan Myers October 9, 2015, 2:05 pm

Hi Renee!
      The candle votive was created by my friend Amanda from Crafts by Amanda. The link to her project is right below the photo. The process to create that votive is not the same. She used glass paints.

You can try lead paint from a bottle if you would like. I think it would look great! I wouldn’t add anything to the lead paint. You want it to remain thick.

This project was meant to create the look of stained glass with minimal spending. I like to create from next to nothing. So, all in all, I’d say it turned out just the way I wanted! :) If you decide to make one, would love to see what you come up with!

• Anonymous October 3, 2015, 7:58 am

This was great! I can’t wait to try. (and I love peacocks, too.)

• Anonymous September 7, 2015, 2:02 pm

Absolutely love this idea, would love to do this with a class of children and wondering could I use perspex as a glass alternative? Would the acrylic/glue mix stick to it the same.. Thanks

• Susan Myers September 10, 2015, 9:24 pm

I believe it work work well on a glass alternative. Would love to see what you come up with!

• Anonymous May 21, 2015, 11:40 pm

Having gotten over the peacock WOW factor, I began to giggle as I read the ‘How to’s’. What gorgeous, glorious fun to be able to create a masterpiece.

So inspired, I’m off to buy some glass, as big as I can get it and I’ll endeavour to get it home without breaking it. Short of losing my faith in myself, you might find me on a nature strip somewhere gluing and painting my ‘Stained Glass’ window.

I loved this article Suzy.

• Anonymous June 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

I have been painting with stainglass paints for years I love this and it’s fun and Relaxing
      I’ve sold nearly all my windows

• Jane B May 20, 2015, 10:15 pm

I did, basically, the same thing on the covers of florescent lights in my kitchen!! Love the look, but of course, I just did around the sides as we needed the light LOL

• D.S.Pancholi May 5, 2015, 1:43 am

it is a nice art wok form .the question is whether it can stand against the sun light .what is the life of this art work. thanks ds.pancholi a stained glass lover Baroda -Gujarat – India

• Linda April 22, 2015, 3:01 pm

I loved your peacock
    I have a question I live in a home for 15 years and there is 2 huge 4 1/2 feet by 4 ft mirrors on wall in livingroom they are not coming off
    They are in diamond shape and there is a diamond shape in each corner edged off I have been wanting to do something on them forever and and after seeing u using the glue with Acyrlic paint it looks awesome and maybe I could try it
    My question is I don’t want it to be on there forever I get bored with things so I want to be able to take it off in future and change perhaps so can you give me these answers

• Anonymous June 1, 2015, 9:55 am

A paint scraper will let you take off the paint without damaging the glass.

• Ashley September 24, 2015, 2:41 pm

It seems like it would drip it you did with with the mirrors on the wall. How did it turn out?

• Belinda Van V April 15, 2015, 8:44 pm

Very easy! I love how it turned out but when I put it outside with the light shining through there are a lot of areas where the paint is very thin. I think I will paint the backside also. I would show you a pic but I haven’t figured out how to post it.

• Susan Myers April 18, 2015, 1:38 pm

Hi Belinda!

It does take practice. I found that if I put lots of paint/glue mixture on my brush and dabbed on the color thickly, it turned out the best. Would love to see what you come up with!

• Anonymous July 25, 2015, 8:20 pm

I’m wondering if this would come off of glass? I have a glass door at work and would love to try this. Thanks,

• Della March 6, 2015, 10:50 am

Hi, love your tutorial. I was wondering if it would be possible to use this technique on acrylic plastic? I have a project in mind with acrylic plastic but need the paint to be see through for the lighting underneath. Thanks in advance! Della Hall

• Susan Myers March 6, 2015, 11:34 am

Hi Della,

I think it would work fine with acrylic plastic! Just be sure to add a light coating of clear acrylic spray first so that the paint has something to stick to. Would love to see what you come up with!

• Della March 6, 2015, 1:36 pm

Thank you sooo much for you quick response and your help :)

• Audrey March 5, 2015, 1:36 pm

This is gorgeous! Saw it on Wonderful Wednesday and I can’t wait to try it.

• angie March 3, 2015, 2:13 pm

Oh my! This is genius! Just simple craft supplies but the results look amazing! Pinning this for later. Thanks for sharing on Something To Talk About link party! Hope to see you again next Monday!

• Pat February 8, 2015, 5:38 pm

Love this idea. We have a couple of skylights, and in the summer the heat coming through is intense. I’m going to put UV film over the skylight to filter out some of that heat, but I knew that wouldn’t be attractive. With this idea, I plan to custom make a frame to fit the skylight opening and have a piece of glass cut to fit the frame. (This can be done at a glass shop or some hardware stores). I’ll find a design that goes with my French Country decor, or perhaps just match a piece of abstract art glass that I’ve framed and put in my kitchen window. This will handle the heat issue, retain light and cover up the less attractive UV film. Thank you.

• Susan Myers February 12, 2015, 4:42 pm

Hi Pat!

Wow! That sounds like a fabulous idea! Would love to see what you come up with!

• Harris Howie January 22, 2015, 1:52 pm

Hello! Sorry to take so long writing back. I didn’t want to leave a complaint on your blog. I think I found the answer. So we could start over, I soaked the glasses in water and the paint came right off. Then we started over with new school glue and new paints. I think part of the problem was old supplies. It also helped when you said to use a bigger brush and drop the paint on. We were using smaller brushes and dab, dabbing. The new finished projects are nice and students happy and they are proud to show them off.

• Susan Myers January 26, 2015, 11:34 pm

I’m so glad it worked out! Would love to see what they came up with!

• Harris Howie January 16, 2015, 5:59 pm

I love your project. The problem is the ones I did for my art class came out smeary! I would never hang them in the window because they would show these problems even more. First, maybe the glue and the paint has to be very fresh and new? And how runny is yours and how thick is your mixture? Also, do you ever go back and retouch something or is that a no-no? Thanks.

• Susan Myers January 16, 2015, 11:57 pm

I’m so sorry you are having troubles. I haven’t had anyone complain about this type of problem with this project before. Are you using school glue and acrylic paint? Keep in mind that this particular project is meant as a substitution for glass paints. It will not give the same effect of glass paints, but is definitely cheaper to do.

Be sure to mix the paint and glue well and use a large paint brush to “drop” the colors into the areas with the “leading”.

Hope that helps!

• Shauna December 10, 2014, 2:19 am

Hi there,
    My question is when you do the piping how do you do that part? Do you put it in something to pipe?

• Anonymous September 1, 2015, 12:39 pm

Couldn’t you use black puff paint (taping the end so that it is very narrow) to achieve the same effect?

• Susan Myers September 2, 2015, 9:26 pm

I’m sure you could. The results would be different, but it is a viable option!

• Charmaine December 5, 2014, 12:03 pm

WOW!!! Thank you so much I always wanted to do stained glass but was so afraid of glass cutting as well as using lead. For many years I researched it but was always hesitant to do it but seeing you do this with easy materials and no glass cutting I feel I can attempt this easy project. Thank you thank you thank you, I am so appreciative of your tutorial, now I’m have the self confidence to do this!!!!

• Susan Myers December 9, 2014, 10:34 pm

Hi Charmaine!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Would love to see what you come up with!

• kate November 12, 2014, 1:00 pm

Beautiful effect!
    I made a trip to the art supply store to the purchase acyrlic spray sealant you recomended. Wasn’t able to find any that act as a primer, but the sealant as a top coat. Is that what you used as your primer on the surface? Just a clear spary sealant? Thanks!

• Susan Myers November 12, 2014, 1:16 pm

That would definitely work! Would love to see what you come up with!

• Lisa September 23, 2014, 12:29 pm

I just have to tell how beautiful I thought this was and the picture with it lit …WOW…..Every xmas instead of purchasing presents I make them – and I was looking for something different to try this year and I think I am going to try this ! Wish me luck – because I do have shaky hands sometimes – but I think I should do fine just taking my time and going thru with a craft knife after it dries for any screw ups I do. Your instructions were very clear ! I see you said this works with glass or plastic …..do you know if one or the other is easier to work on?

• Susan Myers September 28, 2014, 6:39 pm

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for your kind words! Regarding your question, I would say that plastic is easier to work with simply because it is lighter and will not break. Be sure to spray it lightly with clear primer first so that the paint adheres. Would love to see what you come up with!

• Jen August 23, 2014, 9:23 am

love this idea, wanted to try and find something to cover up some windows, as we live on a corner lot and people walking by and driving by can see into our bedroom and bath. Was looking into the decorative window film, but found your site.
    One Question — Should we get tired of looking at a design I put onto the glass windows, will the design peel off, so I could try something else? Or will it stay permanently on the glass?
    Being as we rent and not our own home, I don’t want to put something on the windows that won’t come off should we tire of it or when the time should come for us to move.
    Thanks for answering my question!
    looking great…. I also like, the cookie sheet metal tile idea too ! :-)

• Lori August 9, 2014, 11:09 am

Great idea, using paint with the glue! I have done this before, mixing food coloring into the glue. It gives the same effect, but your color choices are much more limited. For the black, I used black puff paint instead of glue and paint, and that works really well for the outlines.

• Terry August 9, 2014, 11:05 am

Hey Suzy I have a stained glass window hanging that is faded and I want to freshen the colors. Would I add the clear glue to the acrylic paint? The black outline looks ok. Thanks for this info! I am fascinated!

• Noah Watry July 22, 2014, 12:57 am

Awesome! I was bored while waiting for my walls to dry (just started painting them for the summer), so I decided to check for something else to do to kill the time. Well, I came across this site and faux stained glass process and thought it would be perfect, since I had old glass frames just sitting around. Almost threw them out last week even! Thanks for doing this, and adding pictures along the way. About to try one now, making a mermaid one for my little sister. Hope it turns out!

• ifra May 27, 2014, 5:18 am

What is white glue & where to find it?

What is clear glue & where to find it

• Susan Myers May 27, 2014, 12:57 pm

Some call it “school glue”. You can find it in any Wal-mart, craft store, grocery store. It is widely available. Hope that helps! Suzy

• Esther August 9, 2014, 10:53 am

Elmer’s is a popular brand of white glue.

• Anonymous May 10, 2014, 7:46 pm

hey i was wonering if it got wet would it get destroyed

• Susan Myers May 12, 2014, 8:19 pm

It is a glue and acrylic paint mix, so once dry and coated with clear acrylic sealant, water shouldn’t bother it. However, I wouldn’t recommend keeping it under water or outside in the rain.

• Eller April 17, 2014, 7:06 pm

Great idea and a very pretty result. Thanks for sharing this! One question: is there a particular reason to do the black ‘lead’ first and the ‘glass’ afterwards? If you did it the other way around, would it not be easier to avoid gaps or overlap, and avoid the sharpie touch-up step?

• MPaula April 16, 2014, 12:32 am

I have made actual stained glass and loved the process as well as the results but there are many problems. Not the least of the problems is the amount of space required to work and for storage – glass, lead came, solder, tools, etc.
    I love this simulation and pinned it for later, and to share.

• Erica Lee April 3, 2014, 9:39 pm

The stained glass looks great! Just some questions..
    Do I need to mix the clear glue with acrylic paint? Can i know what is that for? And if I only use acrylic paint to paint, can the sunlight pass through?

• Susan Myers April 4, 2014, 12:33 pm

Hi Erica! The clear glue gives the acrylic paint some transparency. Without it, the light can shine through, but not with a look of stained glass.

• lenab July 5, 2013, 7:38 am

can you tell me if I can get the clear school glue in the uk
    thanks Lena

• Susan Myers July 6, 2013, 2:22 pm

Hi Lena!

I am not sure. I would assume that the UK has clear school glue. It may not be Elmers brand, but it would be similar. If you cannot locate it, you can always order some from Amazon over the web. Hope that helps!

• Katie June 26, 2013, 3:46 pm

OMG this project is SO COOL!!!!!! I want to start it right away!!!
    P.S love the peacock! You are really talented.

• Chelsea June 5, 2013, 3:00 pm

Hey! I think this is awesome and I’m definitely going to try it! Just one question though, do you paint both sides of the glass to get the marbled look?

• Susan Myers June 9, 2013, 2:27 pm

Hi Chelsea!

Nope, just one side. If you want a marbled look, put one color on one side of the space you are working on, and another color on the other side of the space. Use a toothpick to blend the colors where they meet.

Hope that helps!

• Ann May 31, 2013, 9:58 am

This technique has been around for sometime, but nonetheless is always a pleasure to see :) Thank you for reminding me of it once again!! :)

• foo May 27, 2013, 2:05 pm

How does it hold up to prolonged sunlight? Do the colors fade?

• Brittany May 16, 2013, 2:53 am

I was wondering, if i used this method with the glue and paint and used it on candle holders will the warmth of the candle melt the glue/paint? If so what do you suppose I could do to avoid melting? Thank you

• Susan Myers May 19, 2013, 3:02 pm

Hi Brittany,

I’m not sure how the glue/paint combo will hold up under extreme heat. One suggestion would be to use a battery operated candle light in place of a candle. It gives the same look with no heat.

Would love to see your finished project!

• Caroline May 10, 2013, 3:25 pm

Another great tutorial although I’m pretty sure mine would be a mess of shakey sqiggles & mixed up paint!! May I ask, what did you use to pipe black on? Thank you! Great peacock, lovely colour combos :)

• Susan Myers May 11, 2013, 10:47 pm

Thank you for your kind words! In answer to your question, I piped the black on with the glue bottle. The tip is perfect for lines!

• Ahyla April 29, 2013, 11:35 am

Love this!! Are you on fb? Would love to post pix of my projects!!

• Lynn April 23, 2013, 10:02 pm

I love your faux stained glass project. Would there be a version that would withstand being outdoors? I don’t know if oil based paint would mix with glue. Thanks!

• Susan Myers April 23, 2013, 10:11 pm

Hi Lynn!

For an outdoor project, I would recommend using regular faux stained glass paint. You can find it at most craft stores. It is more durable and can handle changes in temperature. If you decide to make one of my designs, I would love to see it!!

• hanna April 17, 2013, 8:34 am

i have a project for history and i have to make stained glass and helpful ideas?? the project thyme is medevil time stained glass.

• liz marion April 14, 2013, 12:13 pm

love your idea and creativity! but most of all i love your disclaimer of the chi with pms AND terrible bad breath! that made me laugh so hard!

• Mary April 5, 2013, 12:49 am

Thanks for the tip to do stained glass painting, I have done this before but never used the paint combination with the glue as you suggested, great idea! Thanks again!

• jenny March 19, 2013, 6:33 pm

Fantastic tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to put it online!

• Rita DeCook March 2, 2013, 4:30 pm

you mention “clear glue”. What brand do you use…or do you recommend?

• julie February 22, 2013, 10:01 pm

We are in love with your project! For our homeschool art class we used plastic sheets instead of glass (safety reasons). These also allow the images to easily hang from our school window with water surface tension.

• Felicia January 22, 2013, 5:37 pm

I am a Graphic Design major (with an English minor) at a college in my state and in order to graduate we have to do a show and present some artwork we created. Well, what I wanted to do was to create a series of artwork with Disney Princesses depicting the Seven Deadly Sins, and I thought in order to make it look really nice I’d make it look like Stained Glass. Now, I thought to myself “How can I make stained glass without the hassle of breaking up shards of glass and hurting myself?” so I googled it and found this, and I must say, this seems like a great plan! Looking at your final peacock really helped me to decide to try this out. I got all my supplies (I have an acrylic glass that I got from Hobby Lobby, it looks like regular glass but it isn’t as fragile) and I’m gonna try this out to see how it works.

If you want to see all the pieces as they look now (I did them on my computer so I can print them out) you can see them here:

I can show you pictures of how they look on the glass later if you want. I just thought I’d let you know that I was going to use your technique and what I was gonna use it for.

Note: On the website provided, there is an 8th image, that was just something I made because I thought it would be cute. It has nothing to do with my final project. :)

• Susan Myers January 22, 2013, 7:28 pm

Hi Felicia! I just love the idea of the Disney Princesses depicting the seven deadly sins. Your artwork is wonderful! One note, when using the glue technique, you will find that in the initial “leading” phase that sometimes your lines will run together especially in highly detailed areas. Your drawings are very detailed. The use of a craft knife should easily clean up your lines once they are dried. Keep in mind that at the leading phase, the project is fragile. The lines can easily be cleaned up and the excess removed, but lines that you want to remain may want to come up too. Just work carefully with the craft knife, and you shouldn’t have a problem.

Would love to see your finished works! What size will each of them be finished?

• Felicia January 22, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hey Suzy,
        Thanks for the reply and for the suggestions! I’ll certainly put them to good use. The final size of the pieces is going to be 18″ x 24″.

• Pamela December 3, 2012, 5:25 am

Hi Suzy,

I have a question, we have activity in our school about making stained glass using 1/8 illustration board and glue and some coloring materials… So instead of glass we should use illustration board. And I’m going to use this technique. Is this technique will fit to our activity by using illustration board instead of glass???

I need an immediate response… Thank you :)) By the way, the technique is very impressive!

• karen November 29, 2012, 6:15 pm

i have shutters on my large living roon window which i faux stain glass 10 years ago will this work on shutter panels and hold up to cold and heat 1st time they came out ok but had hard time using the strips of “soder” this looks like something i could do on these shutters there are 8 panels in all and i like a little light 2 shine thru any help you can give me would be much apprieciated

• Suzy November 29, 2012, 8:18 pm

Hi Karen,

It will hold up in cold and heat. My oldest project is a year and a half old and sits in a sunny window. Can you lay the shutters flat to work on them? This process requires that you lay the project absolutely flat until it dries. You can clean up any wiggly lines with a craft knife after the “leading” has dried. I recommend being very thick with your paint, overlapping you “leading” to ensure that you don’t have any spots missed. Just a few drops of paint to about 3 tablespoons clear glue. After the entire project is totally dry, I recommend applying several coats of clear polyurethane spray to protect and seal it.

• Carla Baxter November 28, 2012, 6:15 pm

My daughter wanted to make a nativity scene stained glass window, your website helpes us greatly!! As we were cleaning up her black lines the glue would completely peel off, is there a way to prevent this?

• Suzy November 28, 2012, 7:03 pm

Hi Carla,

I’ve done a ton of projects using this technique, and occasionally, I have had a line peel up too. When it is at the stage of just leading lines, the project can be a bit fragile. My solution has always been to glue the line back down. You could technically use glass glue for this, but I’ve just gone the route of a few dabs of Elmers. Once you lay down the colors, the lines themselves will be much more stable.
      One advantage of this is that if you do make a mistake, it can be peeled up and you can start over. I am adding to the tutorial that a good idea would be to spray the project with a clear coat of acrylic sealant once the project has totally dried and been completed to protect from any damage.

Let me know how your project turns out! I am excited to see what you come up with!

• Leslie October 15, 2012, 10:59 pm

Thanks for this awesome tutorial. I tried it out and made an apple stained glass:

• Chinmayi October 15, 2012, 7:59 pm

Wonderful idea…its beautiful!!I want to tryout a small piece first, so 0nce I mix the black paint with the glue can I store it or will I have to discard it.

• Suzy October 16, 2012, 12:43 pm

Hi Chinmayi,

You can mix the glue up and store it. Just be sure the cap is on tight. You will need to re-stir it before using it, but it lasts just fine for the next project.

• silvana September 24, 2012, 5:40 am

• April August 25, 2012, 10:24 pm

How can this be cleaned without destroying your picture?
    Please email me @ KJsLady99@gmail.com

• Suzy August 28, 2012, 3:30 pm

Hi April,

The one that I created- I made a year ago and it still sits in the window of my workroom where it catches the afternoon sun. To dust it, I just use a damp wash cloth or damp sponge and wipe it down.

• April September 1, 2012, 9:33 pm

Thank you!

• Yesenia August 10, 2012, 1:30 pm

Do u think that it will look nice with brown outline instead of black I have no black acrylic paint ;(

• Suzy August 11, 2012, 2:11 am

I think it would give it a different look, but it might be amazing!

• Kelsey August 8, 2012, 5:29 pm

Any thoughts on how this may hold up around heat? I have an old fireplace screen I snagged at a garage sale. I thought about doing a stained glass scene and then soldering that to the screen. It would be around a wood stove.
    Anyway this looks like a great project!!! Thank you!

• Suzy August 9, 2012, 2:14 am

Hi Kelsey,

I’m not sure how well it will hold up around heat. You could try a practice piece first. Mine have been sitting in sunny windows for nearly a year and they are fine, but I don’t think it gets very hot there. Let me know if you try an experiment. I’d love to know how it turns out.

• ashley August 7, 2012, 4:32 pm

i love this thank you so much

• Laura August 4, 2012, 1:38 am

I can’t believe how easy this looks! I have two old window frames I’ve been hoarding for a while looking for the right project to do and this is it! I do have a question though. Since it’s essentially all glue, does it peel off easily? Or does it stay pretty permanent?

• Suzy August 4, 2012, 9:45 am

I have done several now. The peacock is over a year old now. It sits in my craft room window and gets the afternoon sun. So far it is doing very well. I just have to dust it now and then.

I’d love to see your project when it is done!

• Jansbabylion July 27, 2012, 11:17 am

Hi Suzy,
    I am so excited about finding your website! I love this Faux Stained Glass Peacock ! I recently started working with Seniors at our Local Retirement Community, and the ladies wanted to do something that was “MORE ADULT”. We are going to attempt this project!
    I think they will love it! Have any other ideas I might be able to use with them?
    Have an Awesome day and thank you so much!

• sally hartsfield July 10, 2012, 8:22 pm

My eight-year-old grandson and I did this with a sailing schooner and it turned out well. It is very hard to get the black lines straight, but I think any irregularities add to the charm of a child’s art work Someone mentioned using permanent markers. Would that work?

• Suzy July 12, 2012, 1:24 pm

Hi Sally,

Permanent markers would work. They would give it a slightly different look, but would be easier for a child to do. What I did with the black lines with glue is once they dried, I went over them with a craft knife, cleaning up areas that were wavy. I’d love to see your project!

• Christy July 5, 2012, 12:06 pm

What do you think about using a glue gun with black glue? Easier/harder?

When we replaced all of the old windows in our house, I hung onto the old wood frame ones; I was trying to come up with a ‘crafty’ plan for them and this looks like a winner!

Thanks for the tips!

• Suzy July 6, 2012, 2:09 pm

Hi Christy!

I have not tried a glue gun with black glue. It just might work. If you decide to go that route, I’d love to hear about your results. And of course I would love to see your finished project! Let me know if you have any questions!

• Aria Agharadatu April 18, 2013, 11:30 am

@ Christy, I have tried this idea, a glue gun with black glue. At first It might work, but since holding the gun vertically is very tiring (making my hand trembles), then the results became erratic : looks like it is the work of a kid aged 3 or 4 years old 😀
        (sorry for my bad English)

• Susan Myers April 21, 2013, 12:49 am

Oh that and glue strings! Ha! Someone else mentioned trying black puffy paint.

• Gray June 30, 2012, 10:12 pm

OOH! I love this idea. I wanted to do faux stained glass on some armoire doors I have…this may be just the thing! :)

• V June 26, 2012, 8:59 pm

Is this waterproof? If not, what sort of coating would work to water-proof it?

• Suzy June 27, 2012, 9:37 pm

I believe it may be waterproof, but do not have mine outside. I would suggest if that is a necessity that you spray coat it with several layers of clear varnish on the side of the glass that has the glue coating. Hope that helps!

• Regina May 4, 2012, 7:56 am

I tried this projest, but my black glue ran when I did my outline on the glass. How do I get the glue to be thicker or so it does not spread when applied to the glass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having my grandkids make these for their Moms for Mothers Day.

• Suzy May 4, 2012, 8:40 am

Hi Regina!

I am so sorry you are having trouble! I believe that you have too much black paint in your glue. It doesn’t take a whole lot of paint to turn it black. Start with a fresh glue bottle and add just a few drops at a time of black until your glue is black. You will be surprised at how little it takes. Now it will still spread just a bit as it is drying as you will see in the photos on the tutorial. Once it is dry, you can touch it up with a craft knife in areas that spread a bit too much for your liking. Be absolutely sure the project stays horizontal during the whole painting and drying procedure. Unlike stained glass paint, you can not do this on a vertical surface.

Let me know how it comes out.

• Randal Bradford May 4, 2012, 11:44 pm

Hey Josh..I’m a Titanic fanatic myself…and have been sooo tempted to do a stained glass painted Titanic window myself…..when you get yours done….send a pic of it to Suzy so she can post it…I really wanna see it!!!!

• Josh April 27, 2012, 8:58 pm

I am very inspired by your stained-glass painting! I was actually searching for stained glass paints on the internet and came upon your post. I am going to attempt making Titanic’s stained-glass reception room window. Google it up it is absolutely amazing! I’m glad I found this genius technique, it will save me time… and money!

• shannon March 22, 2012, 9:58 pm

i cant wait to use this technque! very beautiful, thank you for sharing. i was wondering if the project could be water/weather-proofed with a clear cote or similar sealant.Any suggestions?

• Sarah January 18, 2012, 1:41 am

I love it! I’ve spent hours and hours searching for the perfect project for my son’s class. Had some cute ideas but this is PERFECT! Haven’t decided on a theme but the kids will draw the pictures and I will use them to trace and create the pattern. Going to give it a trial run and create something for myself tomorrow. So excited!

• Drosophila January 4, 2012, 2:00 pm

Thanks! This is a really cool idea! I have a TON of picture frames just sitting around, may give this a whirl.

I’m also thinking of experimenting with the colors using white glue & food coloring. I have no idea if it will work or not, but I don’t have any acrylic paints on hand. I’ll give it a shot on a small piece of glass to see what kind of effects I get, first. If it works, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for the fun Idea =) I have a larger faux stained glass project in mind, but this is a good start!

• Suzy January 4, 2012, 11:04 pm

Let me know how it turns out!

• Aria April 22, 2013, 5:13 am

I have tried this : mix the white glue with black enamel paint instead of acrylic paint for the outline (the blackline). And the result is good. Unfortunately I do not have the picture.

• Yona August 8, 2011, 4:23 pm

Oh wow…how cool. I also love the idea of using a muffin tin for mixing colors!

• Tip July 28, 2011, 5:20 am

I've done this using tempera paint and wondered why I wasn't getting the right opaqueness. Thanks for your tutorial… now back to the crafts store! I also get frames at yard sales, sometimes scooping up several at a time by offering $10 or so for the lot. Have gotten some good deals that way.

• Anonymous July 19, 2011, 7:45 am

Thank you! I will try that the next time I do a stained glass. I have an extra frame I bought in the dollar store!
    Also guys, a garage sale is a GREAT place to find frames! Sometimes they charge 10 cents and 25 cents! Great bargin and it's recycling!

• Suzy Myers July 18, 2011, 10:46 pm

Hi Anonymous! I have no way of replying to you by email, so I hope you come back to see this message! Anyway, bubbles are an issue even with the expensive stained glass paints. Popping them with a toothpick can help, but I found that if I put the paint on very thickly (lots at a time) that the bubble issue was much less. Also, take your time when adding color. Speed does create bubbles. Hope that helps!!

• Anonymous July 18, 2011, 10:37 pm

I used a regular (soft) paint brush on mine. It looked fine when I painted, but when it dried it tended to get a lot of small air bubbles in the clear spots. I did try popping them with a toothpick, but they wouldn't pop. It just moved them around. In later color mixes, I tried mixing the clear/acrylic really slowly so I didn't create so many bubbles. It did help some, but I still got bubbles. Any tips?

• Lori Kindler February 6, 2012, 10:54 am

You did an AMAZING job! I am going to try a much simpler kind of thing for 2 block windows (the previous owners REMOVED the stained glass!). Wish me luck.

• Suzy February 7, 2012, 12:05 pm

Let me know how it turns out!

• Nidhi April 5, 2011, 10:54 pm

I used your technique to create my own faux stained glass. It doesn't look quite as awesome, but I really appreciate your tutorial! Check out my version at http://www.nidhizzle.com/2011/04/faux-stained-glass.html

• Suzy April 1, 2011, 5:57 pm

Hi Anonymous!

I have never tried this technique on a vertical object. I think that the glue might not be thick enough to withstand gravity. You might have to resort to the more expensive stained glass paint from the hobby stores.

• Anonymous April 1, 2011, 5:41 pm

looks great…..but I was wondering if this would work on mirrors that are already glued to the wall?

• Krafty Kat March 25, 2011, 4:36 pm

Popped over from your doodle frame post- this is amazing! Thanks for sharing this- I had no idea stained glass could be achieved this easily.

• C.K. February 10, 2011, 7:52 pm

WOW !! I Just Love It !!

• Suzy February 9, 2011, 5:01 am

Hi Bradford!

The clear glue was Elmers and it might have come from the craft store- probably Michaels. I buy supplies everywhere when I find them cheap. The project took less than one bottle of clear glue. I was surprised, but it goes far. I designed the pattern myself.

When you complete your project, please send me a photo! I will feature it here on my blog.

• Bradford February 9, 2011, 4:06 am

Hi Suzy…is the clear glue you used Elmers? it looked like it in the picture but I couldnt tell for sure….what kind of Dollar Store did you find the clear glue at? I cant find clear glue at my dollar stores..and how many bottles of the clear did it take you to do that peacock painting? one last question…did you design the pattern yourself or did you find it in a book? if so what book did you find it in..I would like to use that pattern as well…thanks!!!

• grayzeee February 3, 2011, 11:28 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this craft! I am going to have to try it out! Thanks for sharing such an affordable project!

• Suzy February 3, 2011, 8:35 pm

Hi Garden Lily,

Yes, you are right. You would display this with the glue/paint side forward for the stained glass look.

• Garden Lily February 3, 2011, 8:06 am

This is amazing, and I love your peacock design. It seems to me that you display it with the glue/paint side forward, so that it appears textured, rather than on the backside of the glass, as other glass paintings would?

• Maube January 28, 2011, 12:57 am

OMG. I am sooooo getting on this. Christmas presents for next year here I come!

• Kawaii~Saru January 26, 2011, 11:29 pm

My GOODNESS!!! This is an awesome idea!!!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

• Sandy January 24, 2011, 12:21 am

OMG, this is fabulous!! I've been on a peacock kick lately and can't believe I just happened upon this without even doing a peacock search. Thanks so much for the tips on how to do this. I love it!

• DM January 22, 2011, 6:51 pm

So , so nice !!!!!!! And you make it seem so easy ! is it really ? – I 'll have to try !

• Donna January 22, 2011, 2:57 pm

this is AWESOME! I have always wanted to learn stained glass but I heard it's expensive. thanks for sharing al alternative. your peacock is gorgeous!

• Mª Reyes January 22, 2011, 7:13 am

Es una autentica maravilla, me ha encantado y me he hecho seguidora de tu blog. Te invito a visitar el mio http://fimomanualidades.blogspot.com/ Besos desde España

• Very Crafty Mama January 22, 2011, 5:51 am

• Aunt LoLo January 22, 2011, 5:29 am

Oh wow! That is a really great project!! Thanks for sharing.

• Meg January 22, 2011, 12:52 am

Great design. I love the peacock and the colors you chose!

• Diana - FreeStyleMama January 21, 2011, 10:05 pm

• Tabitha January 21, 2011, 9:30 pm

This is genius and I so want to try it. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

• Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com January 20, 2011, 10:48 am

Wow Susie, that's quite a piece of art!! Very nice.

Thank you so much for your tutorial and your contribution to our DIY CRAFT TUTORIAL linky party.

We love featuring great articles like yours and appreciate people following the party 'rules' and linking back to us so we can all share in the fun.

Look forward to seeing you again next week!

• Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas January 19, 2011, 6:52 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us…

• The Paper Princess January 19, 2011, 4:05 pm

What a GORGEOUS project & fabulous idea! I LOVE peacocks and you couldn't have chosen more perfect colors!

I signed up to follow you as I'm eager to see more of your projects and hope you'll join me over at Create With Joy!

• Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy January 17, 2011, 9:58 am

what fun idea!!! This could be used in so many fun ways. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

• AllieMakes! January 17, 2011, 5:27 am

WOW! That is amazing! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!

• Cheryl January 17, 2011, 5:13 am

You've been featured at this week's Craftastic Monday! Be sure to stop by & grab a Featured On button. Thanks for linking:)

• Pamela Rosenberg January 17, 2011, 3:16 am

Thank you so much for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful. That is why I love hosting. It exposes me to so many creative people and projects. I have never seen anything like this done before and your tutorial was so easy to follow. I will be featuring this project on the next Motivated Monday.
    Thanks again,

• concretenprimroses January 16, 2011, 10:18 am

The technique is genius, but your lovely artwork and skill with color is what make it so beautiful. (In other words, not sure I can do this, but I may try anyway.)

• LaurenB January 16, 2011, 2:30 am

You're brilliant! No more glass paint for me. Thank You!!

• Ginger January 15, 2011, 2:30 am

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

• thecraftyscientist.com January 14, 2011, 1:32 am

This is SOOOO impressive and looks so inexpensive (relative to trying to create my own stained glass studio with tools, etc.) – what a great way to make gorgeous art affordably! Thanks for sharing!

• Sasha January 13, 2011, 10:14 pm

Absolutley beautiful. Thanks for linking up to Creation Mondays @ ~The Life of Me~!

• Jerri January 13, 2011, 7:09 pm

This is so pretty! I love the colors!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

• Nikki January 13, 2011, 1:03 pm

That is incredible!!!!! Thank you so much for linking this up to gettin' crafty on hump day, this is one I'll definitely be trying!!!!! :)

• Aiming4Simple January 13, 2011, 5:07 am

Lovely! My daughters and I would love doing this!

• Holly January 12, 2011, 10:25 pm

Cool technique…very pretty.

• Sassy Sites! January 12, 2011, 10:21 pm

I love this! It looks just like stained glass! Great job! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites- Trash to Treasure Tuesday! We are doing a LABEL giveaway today, so come back and check it out!

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

• Life in Rehab January 12, 2011, 5:52 pm

THAT is one stunning piece of work!

• Tinamarie January 12, 2011, 3:37 pm

I am in such awe of this project – you sure are a crafty dynamo! Your project has been in the back of my mind for days now trying to figure out how I want to play. Big hand of applause!

• Calling All Sleepyheads January 12, 2011, 3:01 pm

This is wonderful!!!! I'm adding this to my list to try out for me and my art classes! Love it!

• Anonymous January 12, 2011, 1:40 pm

Does Nate know about you? He would love your talent

• AmieAnn January 12, 2011, 1:34 pm

This is AWESOME! Love the peacock the colors.. everything! Simply amazing as always! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

• Sarah (Sew Very Happy) January 12, 2011, 4:22 am

This pretty much rocks. Thanks for sharing!

• Anji* January 11, 2011, 10:25 pm

Wow that's a really cool effect! And I love peacocks too, you got a great art nouveau look going on there, really pretty!

• Jill January 11, 2011, 9:58 pm

Oh this is FANTASTIC! I'm so going to try this with my kids! Great tutorial!

Thanks for linking to A Round Tuit. Hope you have a lovely week.

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

• Donnie January 11, 2011, 9:40 pm

What a beautiful job. Just gorgeous.

• Stacey January 11, 2011, 1:41 pm

Wow! This is stunning! I totally want to give it a go. I've always wanted a piece of stained glass art but it is so expensive. And I have just the spot. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful tutorial. I off to buy my frame!

And I love the idea of the peacock. They are just beautiful!

• Jill at Vegan in the Kitchen January 11, 2011, 3:29 am

Beautiful piece of art!

• Melissa January 10, 2011, 11:01 pm

Absolutely gorgeous…

• Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home January 10, 2011, 4:15 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I featured you today, so stop by and grab a button if you want :)

• Patricia Torres January 10, 2011, 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh.. this is so fabulous!! thanks for linking in!! :-)

• Movielocker January 10, 2011, 12:37 pm

This is totally interesting- thank you for sharing. Have you ever considered to do little videos on this? Could probably be easy to film, making it nice to follow the step by step instructions. You can also think about making a few dimes with it, for instance posting it with this video-tool Movielocker. You can choose if you give the vid away for free or by donation etc… take a look: http://movielocker.com/
    Best to you and a happy new year!

• EarthMommy January 9, 2011, 7:21 pm

Awesome! I'm need to try this! Thanks for your great tutorial!

• Little Ol' Liz January 9, 2011, 6:40 pm

Oh snap! You were featured on One Pretty Thing, so that's how I found you. Where have you been al my crafty life? This is soooo perfect! I can see doing this with 3-4-5 yo's, if the
    leading" is pre-done for them. I'm thinking this will be this years Mother's Day project. Thank you for sharing~

• creativejewishmom/sara January 9, 2011, 4:21 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Your first time on Craft Schooling Sunday, and you've shared a major winner! I'm so excited to try this myself, and my daughter will love it too! Thanks so much and hope to see you every week!

• Colleen @ MuralMaker&More January 9, 2011, 1:58 am

Yay! Thanks for linking this up, Suzy! I can't wait to try this. Here are some pics of faux stained glass I did with Gallery Glass. Most of my projects were done before digital cameras, lol, so I don't have more pics. If you check them out, you'll see why I'm going crazy for your project.

• Suzy January 9, 2011, 12:30 am

A couple answers to some questions: the glue that you use for leading will be fine if kept in the glue bottle until your next project. For a dollar, you will have plenty for other projects.

The term "piping" is actually a cake decorator term and means to place the nozzle back on the glue bottle and use it to draw the black lines on, by squeezing the glue out of the bottle in an even stream. If you need to, you can practice on a piece of paper first, but remember that most errors can be corrected after the glue dries with a craft knife.

• The Dad January 8, 2011, 10:49 pm

Please follow back!
    If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be great!
    The Dad!

• MMB Creations January 8, 2011, 10:27 pm

This is great! I have been painting on glass using Gallery Glass paints and Redi Lead strips. This looks easier and CHEAPER. I will have to try it.

• LambAround January 8, 2011, 9:21 pm

Faux?! This looks so real! What a wonderful project idea!

Also, I'm still working on my interview questions. It has been a busy week, full of wisdom teeth surgery and cleaning my boss's house (really!)

• corey January 8, 2011, 9:10 pm

This is gorgeous. Great idea!

• Alisa January 8, 2011, 7:44 pm

That is gorgeous! What a great idea.

• DANA January 8, 2011, 5:51 pm

Hello! I was browsing around to find some great new people to join my linky parties, and I am now your newest follower! I would love for you to come join in and don't forget to enter my $250 giveaway while you are there!

• Christine January 8, 2011, 5:45 pm

wow. this is so cool!!!!! the colored glue lasts for a while, doesn't it? as long as it stays in the bottle?

• Megan January 8, 2011, 4:37 pm

I love the colors and the muffin tin is the perfect tool for the job! You are full of great, new ideas!

• Me N My Thrifty Ideas January 8, 2011, 4:19 pm
  • Susannah January 8, 2011, 4:00 pm

Absolutely beautiful! And a great alternative to spending $100s for one!

• TheCraftInMe January 8, 2011, 3:07 pm

This turned out beautiful, thanks for the tutorial!

• Me N My Thrifty Ideas January 8, 2011, 1:52 pm

Sorry for the double comment, lol, but what do you mean by pipe the paint?

• Me N My Thrifty Ideas January 8, 2011, 1:48 pm

First the faux metal and now faux stained glass, can you get anymore awesome? You have been such an inspiration to me.

• Thendral January 8, 2011, 1:39 pm

It is very beautiful. I love the colors!

• mousee23 January 8, 2011, 4:19 am

Thank you for sharing this.I was afraid to let the kids use the gallery glass because of the exspence.This solves all that.Beautiful peacock

• Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com January 8, 2011, 3:44 am

Wow – that is so impressive! I love it. Thanks for sharing the artwork and the tutorial!
    ~Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello :)

• Colleen @ MuralMaker&More January 8, 2011, 1:08 am

I totally forgot to invite you to Passion for Paint this weekend. Links are open right now. This would be perfect! Hope you'll join us!

• Mique (as in Mickey) January 8, 2011, 12:56 am

My *artsy* daughter would be all over this!
    Thanks for linking up to my Pity Party.

• lauren@WESTFURNITUREREVIVAL January 8, 2011, 12:52 am

great idea… the picture turned out beautiful

• Colie's Kitchen January 8, 2011, 12:23 am

Hi this is Nicole from Colies Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. http://www.colieskitchen.com

• Jennifer @lifecraftsandwhatever January 7, 2011, 10:19 pm

This is so flipping awesome! Another thing added to my to-do list!

• Colleen @ MuralMaker&More January 7, 2011, 9:39 pm

Are you kidding me?!?!!! I have spent tons of $ on Gallery Glass over the years. Hubs wanted me to do it as a sideline biz – faux stained glass. And now you're saying all I needed was a couple bottles of glue???

I'm so tickled, I can't see straight. Can't wait to try this!!

• Jessie January 24, 2012, 3:51 pm

Does the paint&glue hold up to light? I want to paint a window to create privacy and beauty and also allow the beauty of color and design show on my side. It is a large window in my stair well that I can view neighbors kitchen window through. I plan on using glue on lead stripping on my interior side.

• Suzy January 24, 2012, 7:55 pm

Hi Jessie,

Yes, the paint and glue holds up well to light. However, I don’t believe I would recommend this method for a window. The reason is that for this particular process, you would need to work on a flat surface. The paint/glue mixture would definitely drip down on a vertical surface because you have to apply it so thickly. Secondly, the issue of air bubbles in the paint is more prevalent with the paint/glue mixture unless you do apply it thickly.

Now if you can lay the window down flat to work on it, then yes, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for you. I have two projects completed using this process and they both sit in window sills and they both look as good as the day I made them.

If you have to work on a vertical surface, then I recommend going with the extra dollars and buying glass paint and the glue on lead stripping.

Hope I was able to help. Let me know how it comes out. I’d love to see a photo!

• Corinna January 7, 2011, 8:48 pm

Okay, first of all there's no way I could even draw the darn picture in the first place! LOL But this is absolutely STUNNING! And you make it sound so easy :)

• Miri January 7, 2011, 8:46 pm

Terrific! Thanks for explaining how you did it!

• Barbara January 7, 2011, 8:20 pm

Will you PLEASE stop being so talented????? I'm seething with jealousy.

That or start selling your stuff!!

• CP January 7, 2011, 7:55 pm

Very cool idea – may have to try too!

Found you on a blog hop and am your newest follower – Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like it.

Check out my "retail therapy" giveaways and enter a few, there are some great products to win.

I also have a fantastic weekly blog hop.

• Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home January 7, 2011, 7:20 pm

Thank you so much for linking up! I would never have guessed that it's not real stained glass! Gorgeous!

• Hopewell Creek Designs January 7, 2011, 6:39 pm

Oh my goodness that is so awesome! I will have to try this.Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

• Annie (Lady M) x January 7, 2011, 5:44 pm

I am doing this ‘Follow Friday 40′ that I saw over at Design It Chic's blog and I am now following you! This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way – that stained glass window is absolutely amazing!

• Anestazia January 7, 2011, 5:12 pm

Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I love your stained glass and will be featuring it tomorrow morning on my blog! Don't forget to check it out!!

Anestazia <3

• Louisa January 7, 2011, 4:34 pm

Ooh, that's an awesome idea! I really love the colors you chose for your peacock.

• Sarah Takens January 7, 2011, 3:46 pm

This is gorgeous! I did a kid version with permanant marker: http://takens-tidbits.blogspot.com/2010/11/stained-glass-for-kids.html

• Kalleen at Second Street January 7, 2011, 2:48 pm

Wow, that is beautiful. I've been thinking about doing some faux stained glass myself. I'll be bookmarking this for sure. Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us.

• Siggy Spice January 7, 2011, 2:30 pm

This is FABULOUS! Wow, great job and I love, love, LOVE the peacocks

• Kristi January 7, 2011, 1:55 pm

You are amazing, woman!! Love this!

• Lynne January 7, 2011, 1:42 pm

I think I will have to try this one. End results are awesome!

• Saraccino January 7, 2011, 1:20 pm

The idea is really a cool one and the peacock just a beauty! :)

• Sandra Basham November 14, 2014, 11:42 am

Suzy, I see none of my photo’s showed up on my comment. If you need them just let me know. I can email them to you.