Recycled Crafts – Faux Tin Tiles from Disposable Cookie Sheets!

by Susan Myers on June 22, 2012

Recycled crafts are one of my specialties.  Embossing disposable cookie sheets is an easy technique and creates amazing art.  Beautiful faux tin tiles!  Want to know how?

faux tin tiles from disposable cookie sheets

This is my second recycled craft idea using disposable cookie sheets!.  I’m always on the look out for interesting things to make out of the unexpected.  I found some disposable cookie sheets at the Party City and have held onto them a while until inspiration hit.  And then one day, it occurred to me that maybe they might make some great faux tin tiles.

crafts n things magazine faux metal tiles tutorial

2 disposable aluminum cookie sheets
Free patterns from my pattern page*
A knitting needle
Paintbrush
Various metallic acrylic paints
Spray primer
A cork bulletin board
Thumb tacks

faux tin tiles from disposable cookie sheetsfaux tin tiles from disposable cookie sheets

Begin by measuring out and cutting (3 ea.) 7″ squares from each cookie sheet.  Use a ruler to measure them and mark the cookie sheet by pressing a knitting needle along the ruler, then simply cut them out with scissors.  Then take the ruler and score 1/4″ from all four sides of your square using the knitting needle.

faux tin tiles made from aluminum cookie sheetsfaux tin tiles made from aluminum cookie sheets

Use the scissors to clip a notch in each corner.  Then fold the metal over carefully along your scored seam.  This will create a smooth finished edge for each tile.

I then drew out some patterns on paper.  Laying the metal tile on top of a folded towel, I used a knitting needle to press the design into the metal.  For your convenience, you can download the free patterns from my pattern page.

faux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheetsfaux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheets

Here the metal tile is shown with the pattern scored into it.  Keeping the tile on the folded towel, then use the end of a paintbrush handle to gently rub indentations into the metal where you want them.  The more you rub, the deeper they can be, just be careful not to use a ton of force as the aluminum is very thin metal.

Once the piece is indented to your satisfaction, it is time to paint it.  You could certainly leave it unpainted at this stage, but I’m all about color.  I first lightly sprayed each piece with a layer of primer.  Once that was dry, I began by painting the indented areas using metallic acrylic paint.

faux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheets

Once all the indentions were painted, I added a base color to the raised areas.  I then added details by watering down some metallic acrylic black paint and adding it to lines and edges of the indentations, giving it an antiqued look.

faux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheets

I used the same color scheme for each tile, so that they all worked together.

faux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheets

There are many ways to display your finished tiles.  I chose to use a cork bulletin board and lined them up carefully, pinning them down with thumbtacks.  This resulted in a great piece of wall art that will definitely surprise anyone when you tell them it started out life as a couple disposable cookie sheets.

For a great video on this embossing technique, look here!

Here is another example of a different color scheme using a different set of patterns.  All twelve patterns are available FREE here!

faux tin tiles from disposable cookies sheets

Other disposable cookie sheet ideas include:

Faux Punched Tin
Enchanted Fish
Sleeping Mermaid

Want more great recycled craft tutorials?  Check out my tutorial page – over 150 detailed tutorials!

Want to try your hand at quilting?  My newest quilt Pattern- Batiks Gone Wild!

batiks gone wild quilt pattern

{ 103 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Helene June 6, 2014 at 10:14 am

Well, just came across Susie and i think i am in love! I am working on her faux stained glass tutorial and this is next. going to party city to look for “tin” in the morning. haven’t crafted for a while and really miss it. Thanks to Susie, back at it.

2 Patrice May 17, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I think I could spend every waking moment creating from all the incredible ideas you have. Thanks for being so willkng to share!!

3 Susan Myers May 18, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Hi Patrice!

Thank you so much for your kind words! You made my day!

4 Sheila April 16, 2014 at 10:13 am

WOW… these ideas are amazing! Great tutorials…very helpful, thanks so much. I was looking for a timeless craft idea for a Women’s church group, and this was perfect!! I think they will love this, and we can do something with this each year, and still have something made using the same techniques they previously learned, and end up with something different each year. Again, THANKS!!!

5 Debbie April 8, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Do you sell these? Would love to have some purple ones!!

6 Salla March 7, 2014 at 10:16 am

Greetings from Finland!
Thank you for the tutorial! This is such a lovely idea! I think they would also look lovely on a piece of old wood, like recyckled pallets for example, don’t you think? I used to make little boxes of soda cans, and now I’m definitely going make these tiles – or fail trying. lol Great job! :) And thanks again!

7 Lynn March 7, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hi Suzy!
Just came upon your site today. And I love it!!! I think I can actually do this tin craft!!! Your work is absolutely beautiful and so creative. Just what I’ve been looking for!!! Thank you…thank you…thank you for all of your fabulous ideas and your excellent explainations!

8 Susan Myers March 7, 2014 at 8:36 am

You are very welcome!! Thank you so much for the kind words! Would love to see what you make!

9 cindy February 18, 2014 at 12:28 am

Wow! What an inspiration you are. I love this and the toilet paper roll ideas. Just found your website tonight so I will look around some more. You are a genius!

10 Sara R July 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I am so excited to try this. It would look amazing in my kitchen! I am running into a problem. I absolutely cannot find any aluminum cookie sheets. Help!

11 Susan Myers July 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hi Sara,

You can find disposable aluminum cookie sheets at any party supply store like Party City. Lately, I’ve been using the disposable lids meant for buffet trays. You can get them at Party City for about 80 cents each.

Hope that helps!

12 johnny kruse July 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

Just what I’ve been looking for!!! I want to do these as a backsplash on my new kitchen..new house!!! :) what would be a good way to attach to the wall ? can I just put it over existing wall paper?? I’m excited!!! :) thank you!

13 Susan Myers July 6, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Hi Johnny,

I used mine for a backsplash behind the stove, but I put mine on a bulletin board. If you like the idea with the thumbtacks, it might work well putting them on the wall that way. Otherwise, for a more permanent hold, you could consider a glue meant for metals.

Whatever you decide, would love to see your finished project!

14 Jellymom July 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm

WOW this rocks! Love the boho look of it for my kitchen backsplash. Thank
you!

15 Enilde May 26, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Lindo seu trabalho, ainda mais porque moro em São Luís, Maranhão, Brasil, cidade colonizada por Portugueses, cujos azulejos dos antigos casarões, são do mesmo padrão. Mas não entendo que folha de alumínio é essa que você fala. Vou nas casas de festas para ver se encontro. No caso, o alumínio das latinhas servem? Beijos e parabéns!

16 Caroline May 10, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I found this on Pinterest & had to come see how? It’s beautiful, so creative, clever, love it!! TFI :)

17 Sally May 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I really like this project!

I’m having some trouble finding the patterns though. The pattern page only links back to this page.

Could you please post a link directly to the patterns?

18 Susan Myers May 6, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Hi Sally!

I made some adjustments on the site last night and apparently lost the link to the patterns. I added it back in. You can find them here: http://suzyssitcom.com/faux-tin-tile-patterns

Would love to see what you make from them!

19 Lis May 6, 2013 at 10:43 am

Oh I do love to work with tin and aluminium! Thank you so very much for taking the time to make such great tutorials.
I was wondering why you prime the tiles and then apply metallic paint? I have been making a lot of Xmas ornaments from soda cans and find that they are just so nice and shiny if I simply use Sharpies or some other permanent marker on them, then spray varnish to seal.
Lis

20 Susan Myers May 9, 2013 at 10:48 am

Sharpies are definitely a good choice, and you are right, you don’t have to use primer for them. I love the look of metallic paints, so in order to add them, it requires primer. Otherwise, they peel right off.

Thanks so much for stopping by! There will be lots of new patterns in the future!

21 Deb April 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

We must have been sisters in another life… :) I got here through a Favecrafts Quilting link for your Windmills at Night pattern and haven’t left… this cookie sheet bit is a source I never thought of for embossed tin/metal art, and I’m usually the one that looks at stuff for ‘not for purpose intended’. D’oh!!!!!!!!!! Wish I would have bought this clue a long time ago… and you do it so well! Kudos dear, and thank you! You do such great stuff!

22 Susan Myers April 5, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Hi Deb!

Thank you for your kind words! You totally made my day! The cookie sheet art is my current favorite project.

And I’m so glad you found some things on the Sitcom that you would like to try. Please send photos if you create something based on one of my projects or patterns and I’d love to feature you!

23 Cecilia April 4, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Susie don’t tell my husband, but I think I just fell in love with you! So many ideas so little time!

24 Susan Myers April 7, 2013 at 12:46 am

Thanks for the kind words, Cecilia! You totally made my day!

25 Bhuvana March 28, 2013 at 11:37 pm

This is a brilliant idea, I love when you can recylce an ordinary thing into an extraordinary masterpiece. Thanks for the beautiful step by step tutorial.

26 natashalh March 24, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Beautiful! I’ve embossed small pieces of aluminum can before, but I just never thought to take it on as a large scale project!

27 Beethoven February 23, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I have looked unsuccesfully in several places for similar cookie sheets. Where did you find these sheets? I think this could be a good lesson for school if I can find some. Budget money is scarce this time of year.

28 Susan Myers February 24, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Hi!

The best place to find disposable cookie sheets without patterns in them is Party City or any other party supply store. In fact, lately I’ve been using the disposable aluminum lids that they sell for buffet tables. They are inexpensive at less than 80 cents a piece.

Hope that helps! If your class makes the project, I would love to feature them on the Sitcom!

Suzy Myers

29 Helen February 22, 2013 at 1:00 am

What a cute idea! I need a temporary backsplash since I can’t do any permanent changes to my apartment. I will definitely be giving this a try !

30 Jan February 14, 2013 at 8:47 am

Great idea! I did some projects with soda cans last summer and you can easily cut them with scissors.
Love this look! I’m also thinking of a back splash!

Jan

31 Stephanie Waymen February 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Excellent tutorial, pinned to several of my boards!

32 varsha praveen February 6, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hi,
I wanted to know if sharpies would work instead of the metallic acrylic paint. I am trying to do a project with kids.
varsha

33 Susan Myers February 7, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Possibly. I will have to experiment and let you know. Seems that it might be a good solution. Also- color isn’t a necessity. The tiles look great just simply embossed.

34 Ann/alba January 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hi susie I keep coming back to this project . So beautiful .
I would love to know the brand & color of the paints you used on this project they would really look wonderful in my Kitchen, I can’t find a Back-splash I like I have the pattern I want to do searching for the colors I like has been more trouble than its worth….
The colors you chose will match and do the project i want to do pop.
Have a good one.Ann/alba

35 Susan Myers January 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Hi Ann!

The brand is Folk Art Metallics Acrylic Paint, colors are:

Blue Opal, Peridot, Plum, and Mica Gold. For lines, I used Folk Art black enamel (watered down a bit)

Would love to see what you make!

36 Kimberly January 25, 2013 at 9:04 am

These are amazing. I would like to cover my block fireplace with these to give it some character. Thank you for sharing this idea. I love it!

37 Brenda. Law January 23, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I have done these using inks for the color. Love them.

38 Twinmum December 7, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. This is beautiful. You are a brilliant artist!

39 ChayaGallery December 7, 2012 at 8:16 am

How clever you are ! I’ll definitely be trying this !

40 Keeron November 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

These are fabulous! What kind of primer did you use?

41 Suzy November 13, 2012 at 10:19 am

Thank you! I used Krylon black primer for metal. Just a light coat is all you need to ready it for the paint.

42 Nancy Cornett June 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

This project is wonderful! I’ve done some painting on metal with various things and have had problems with it staying on. I think your primer idea may be the answer. I see you said you used BLACK Krylon primer for metal. But the pictures don’t look like they have black on them. Will you please confirm about the color primer you used?

Thanks

43 Susan Myers June 10, 2013 at 10:58 am

Hi Nancy,

You are right. The picture is not correct. This post has been up for over a year and you are the first to mention it. The photo is actually showing my first attempt. The paint peels right off. Primer is totally necessary. I switched to black primer because it fills in all the crevices with black- less outlining needed in the end.

Thank you for pointing that out. I need to go back and find the right photo!

44 Nancy Cornett June 10, 2013 at 11:23 am

Thanks for the update. Now that you mention it, I can see the black outlining on your finished piece. It adds a lot. Then I also looked at your fish aluminum cookie tin project. You clearly show the black in the process there.

I’ll be picking up some primer this week!

45 Keeron November 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Thank you sooooo very much! You are one of the most creative people I have ever seen! Just amazing! Thank you also for sharing your creative knowledge :)

46 Beckie September 18, 2012 at 9:14 am

This project ROCKS!!!! I would have never thought of this and LOVE the colors….

47 jan jones September 7, 2012 at 10:05 am

I just wanted to share what I discovered purely by accident. You may already know this, so forgive me if I am repeating. I did not have any plain pans, so I decided to see if I could smooth out the light indentations on the pan I had. I was holding it against the surface of my textured refrigerator, and it took out the indentations, and left the pan textured. Now I am looking all over for textures inside and outside my house. I think it would be beautiful to texture, then add the designs from your templates! And it is handy if you cannot find the plain pans.

48 Suzy September 8, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Hi Jan,

The last few projects that I made, I smoothed out the pans. I didn’t think about the texture thing, though. Now you have me thinking in a whole other direction! Thank you so much! I would absolutely love to see your creations when you are done!

49 jan jones September 6, 2012 at 7:40 am

these are WONDERFUL!! I have an ugly plywood door to the attic on my bedroom ceiling, and I have been wanting to get some of those old tine tiles to put on there, but they are SO expensive! Now I can duplicate the look, and use my own design for the pattern. Thank you so much for posting this! I will definitely be doing this soon. My husband just bought some of the foil pans at Publix the other day, and I think I already have the colors of paint I need! Yea!!

50 Suzy September 8, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Jan,

I would absolutely love to see your finished project! Keep in touch!! I bet it will be just beautiful.

51 Annie August 31, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Lovely work, thanks for thr class

52 Monica August 29, 2012 at 10:39 am

I am so in love with your faux tin tiles, I have so many projects in mind for these, a new headboard for my bed covered in these tiles, kitchen backsplash, plus I have a book that I bought years ago, just cause it’s a beautiful book that has illustrations in it from every era from practically the beginning of time, Morrocan, Roman, Turkish, and I could blow up the illustrations and copy it on tin and have some other design options, although yours are beautiful and I will definitely start there…but I have a question, what kind of primer did you use, was it clear? And what kind of sealer did you use, shouldn’t it be like a polyurethane to make it waterproof, since I will be using it around my sink, and what do you think about glueing the whole “tile” to something, I don’t know what, yet to make it so I don’t need to thumbtacks cause that would leave a gap that water could get behind, I’m thinking in the case of the backsplash! I do hope you answer my questions cause I want to start this now!!! Thankyou!

53 dana August 22, 2012 at 12:25 pm

these are gorgeous. since I am “drawing challenged” I was sondering if you could post your template drawings for us to print. or is there a site for such things. I love this and want to put it as a backsplash in our 125 year old home…it would be perfect for the period. thank you!!!!

54 Tammy August 22, 2012 at 5:52 am

Where did you find the metallic acryllic paint in these colors. At Hobby Lobby and Michaels they had very few colors, mainly gold, silver, black, red. None of the pretty colors like you used.
Thanks!

55 Judy Miller August 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I love this and want to do it for my back splash. However, wondering if they will hold their design shape during cleaning. On a backsplash you need to rub pretty hard sometimes.

56 Suzy August 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

They are surprisingly sturdy. They could handle a cleaning with a sponge, but scrubbing might not be a good thing for them. If I were you, I’d try making just one and testing it out.

Suzy Myers

57 Latisha January 31, 2013 at 6:57 am

If using for a backsplash, I’d suggest to seal them with varnish/polyurethane to protect them.

58 LAB August 10, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Holeee WOW!
This is DEFINITELY something I’m going to do! Perfect backsplash for my kitchen that I’ve been stumped with for months!!!!! Thank YOU!

59 Carrie August 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm

These are super cool! Thanks for sharing! Your tutorial is great.
Blessings,
Carrie

60 Nadine July 30, 2012 at 10:55 pm

How very clever! I am wondering how much my hubby would hurt me if I bought a gross of aluminum pans to do the ceiling in my kitchen!! Love this project and idea…I remember doing something like this in art class a long long time ago!

61 Julie July 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Love this project! Your tiles are gorgeous! Can you tell me where you found disposable cookie sheets with no design on them? Thanks.

62 Anonymous July 23, 2012 at 9:49 am

You did a wonderful job creating the six patterns. Your tiles are GORGEOUS!

63 Jenn July 22, 2012 at 8:21 pm

This is amazing and beauiful! I’m thinking of ripping the carpet off my stairs and doing this on the risers (back side of stairs, not flat part). I’m not sure if this is practical for that with shoes surely to hit it, etc. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

64 Kim Phenicie July 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Oh we LOVE these! Wanted to stop by to let you know we featured you today.
Thanks for the inspiration!

-Kim

65 Sunny's Life in Rehab July 20, 2012 at 8:07 am

Woman, you frighten me. Really. I haven’t been over here in wayyyyyyy too long, I spot these gorgeous tiles on Pinterest, and to whom does the project belong??? YOU!!! These are gorgeous, and I’m hitting the Dollar Tree today. Period. I have a party over on my blog to hack Z Gallerie, and this is just what I need to create a hack…so I guess it’s a double hack!

66 Anonymous July 18, 2012 at 11:40 am

If you can’t find plain cookie sheets you can also use the foil lids for the large disposable foil steam pans. The lids are flat and smooth and can be trimmed to size.

67 Sharon Reifers July 18, 2012 at 2:29 am

I have not been able to find a plain, flat bottomed disposable cookie sheet. The disposable cookie sheets I have seen (Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Walmart & KMart) have a design imprinted into the bottom, or has holes all over it. Where did you find the flat bottomed pans? I really like your idea and want to do some for my kitchen. Thanks for any help.

68 Suzy July 18, 2012 at 11:17 am

Hi Sharon,

I bought mine in the Dollar store around Christmas time. Apparently, they stock certain things at certain times. I went last week and couldn’t find them. However, you can get them anytime from Party City or any other catering store. Here is a link to their website- http://www.partycity.com/category/entertaining+serving/aluminum+pans.do . The steam lids and the cookie sheets would be perfect for this project and they are all under a dollar!

Hope that helps.

69 Janice July 17, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Can these be painted with “Gallery Glass” paint? That would be beautiful!

70 Nicole July 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

These are fantastic and Id love to give it a go…but I don’t know what these disposable sheets are…they clearly aren’t ez foil! Where can I find them?!?

71 Suzy July 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hi Nicole!

These are disposable aluminum pans – you can find them at the grocery store, or dollar store, or Target, or Walmart. They are the kind of pans meant for one use and then throw them away. Some of my readers are having problems finding them without a pattern on the bottom. If you can only locate ones with patterns, choose one with a light pattern. The embossing will remove any sign of the previous pattern. Hope that helps!

72 JoAnn July 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Sa-weet idea! how did you ever think to do this? Love you crafty dollar store folks :)

73 JoAnn July 11, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Awesome – beautiful!! We had just looked at the tiles at the box store and thought about them for a back splash – now I’m going to go to our local dollar store and try your idea!!! Thanks for sharing your “how to”!!

74 Lin July 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I love it! What a Fabulous idea! I could not do that.
The thought of the knitting needle screeching on the tin!
I think you should sell them.
I’ll buy! Lol :-)
thx Lin

75 Suzy July 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Hi Lin!

They are made out of aluminum pans. No screeching involved, I promise! Thanks so much for your kind words!

76 Tru July 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm

These look great, but where do you find cookie sheets that are plain? The ones that I have seen have some sort of logo or design stamped in them.

77 Suzy July 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm

My local Dollar Tree carries the plain kind. I had featured another project earlier this year using the plain cookie sheets and a few of the readers had to look hard for them. I’m told that Target carries them and be sure to check out your various dollar stores. They come in packs of three for …a dollar!

78 CarolAnn July 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm

love…Love…LOVE! Thank you so much for sharing this.

79 Michelle L. July 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

Suzy, this is just glorious! Thanks for such a beautiful tutorial!

80 Lori Lamb July 8, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Is the finished product waterproof and fade proof? Wondering about different places to display…I have some fun ideas, using your idea, for finishing some yard projects! This is also an easy project to do with a 10 year old…always looking for ways to keep the creativity flowing on rainy days!

81 Suzy July 8, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Hi Lori,

Waterproof for sure. Fade proof- I think so. I used metallic acrylic paint. You could add a coat of UV protectant if you wanted to help ensure no fading. I’m glad you enjoyed the project! I would love to see what you make of it!

82 Ann/alba July 7, 2012 at 10:43 am

OMG These are Awesome… Hummmmmmm Could I do this & use them as a Back-splash in the Kitchen ? I could use my Celtic designs….
LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

83 Suzy July 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Yes you can! In fact, that is where mine now are! Would love to see your finished project!

84 Suzy July 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm

85 Shannon July 6, 2012 at 1:37 pm

You are so creative, I love this! I was wondering where you got the cork bulletin board? Did it come with the frame around it or did you make that as well? I’d like to attemp to make this using Moroccan style patterns for my bedroom. Thanks ; )

86 Suzy July 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Hi Shannon,

The bulletin board was purchased at Michael’s craft store. I used a coupon and got it for $7.00. Thrift stores are also a great place to find larger cork boards. And the frame was already on it. I’d love to see your project after you complete it! I bet it will be beautiful!

87 Yesenia August 10, 2012 at 10:20 am

I bought mines at Walmart for 5.47 great deal

88 Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers July 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm

This is amazing! I love the colors that you used, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful idea!

89 malia July 4, 2012 at 11:11 am

GORGEOUS Suzy!

90 Tonye June 30, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I love what you did with these cookie sheets. Do you think they would hold up as backsplash behind a stove?

91 Suzy July 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I think so! In fact, that is where mine are now. :)

92 Suzy June 27, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Thank you, Carolyn!! You make me blush! And thank you so much for stopping by!

93 norene June 22, 2012 at 8:18 pm

It turned out fantastic!

94 Holly Young June 22, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Well this is certainly ingenious! I love it, but wow did you go to some work! I might try this with dies that do the cutting for me. Fabulous and creative idea!

95 Suzy June 23, 2012 at 8:43 am

Hi Holly!

Thanks! It was surprising simple to make. The aluminum pans are easy to cut and bend. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

96 Marianne June 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Oooohhhhh!!!!!!!!
I love it. For a long time I am thinking of similar things. But I tried tincans an aluminiumfolie (swedish word for it). The result is sometimes acceptable but not enogh. (bad english but anyway). I did not know what pait for example. Bu now you gave me an exelent tutorial. Using my evening reading it and tomorrow try your way. Thank you.
I am always following your blog and you give so much inspiration.
Marianne

97 deb June 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Suzy , your friends above have said it all! Amazing! You have given me much
crafting to do once i get settled in my new home! Hugs! deb

98 Renee A June 22, 2012 at 11:24 am

Thanks for another great project. I cant wait to try!

99 Janice June 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

Suzy, Suzy, Suzy…You are still queen of the crafting world. It is slightly unfair to the rest of us that you received more than your share of creative genes, but I guess God balanced it out by giving you more than your share of generosity. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea and it is beyond kind that you shared your pdf too. I love tin tiles. This is being pinned and if I could lend my kids to a traveling circus for a month or so, I would put this on the top of my to-make list.

100 Deepthi June 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

Its really very beautiful. My mom does this type of work , but she uses a bit thicker aluminium sheet and for the embossed effect, she uses the wooden clay tools .

101 Johnnie June 22, 2012 at 8:38 am

Love this, Suzy!

102 Paula June 22, 2012 at 8:34 am

wow this is beautiful, love how you painted it!!!!!!

103 Creative Mind June 22, 2012 at 7:34 am

This is AWESOME dear..I really like the way how you have painted the design ..well done dear :) keep sharing your beautiful creations & tutorials
Thanks ~