Ralph’s Obsession

We are concerned about our buddy Ralph.  You see, Ralph has a new obsession.  There is apparently some sort of animal that has taken up residence in our backyard that Ralph has an issue with.

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

When he is outside, he spends his time digging large holes or barking up trees.

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

When he is inside, he spends all of his time sitting in front of the back door staring out.  All day, every day, he stares out that back door.  Waiting and watching.  Ralphie doesn’t want to talk about it.  He has always been the quiet sort.  This entire weekend, while we puttered around the house, Ralph sat as sentry at the back door doing his best impression of the Egyptian Sphinx.  His unwaivering stare never left that empty back porch.

Did he want to go out?

Nope.

He just wanted to stare.

We wondered.  Does he do this all day while we are at work? Well, of course I had to know!  After all, if Ralphie has some sort of obsession, maybe it is for a reason.  Maybe as responsible doggie parents, we need to know.

So, like any normal person, I set up cameras in the kitchen.  After all, enquiring minds want to know!

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

8: 00 AM – Waiting for what we don’t know.  Faith is nearby, but sound asleep on her pillow.  Whatever haunts Ralph doesn’t bother her in the slightest.

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

9:00 AM – There is nothing out there, Ralph! Nothing but fallen leaves and chilly air.  Go lay down and take a nap before you get a crick in our neck!

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

10:00 AM – Ralph drags his bed in front of the door.  He lays down, but he is still watching.  Patiently waiting.

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

11:00 AM – Nothing but dry leaves.  And Ralph still watches…

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

1:00 PM-  The sentry still waits.

Ralph / Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

3:00 PM-  WHAT! How rude!  No wonder Ralphie is obsessed!

As a responsible, caring doggie mom, I can’t let this go on!  Poor Ralph’s self esteem is being threatened by a bratty squirrel!

I will make him a sign too!  I just have to come up with the best response since I’m not good at rebuttals, the only thing that comes to mind is “Your mom!”

Think that will work?

• Maci Nogueira December 9, 2012, 2:22 pm

Certainly Rahph needs a toys. My dog, Caju, doesn’t live inside house, he has his own. Whenever I go the backyard he walks behind me to and fro even if I do that 100 times a day. This is his obsession.. Ralph is so cute!

• brandi November 16, 2012, 8:25 pm

Murder is the only option. Kill the squirrel and give Ralph the pelt for Christmas. Remember Babe, the movie about Babe the Pig? CHRISTMAS MEANS CARNAGE!! You can broil the meat for Ralphie treats. Let him wear the bones around his neck like a talisman. Mount the head on a spike as a warning to the other squirrels. The birds at the feeder will thank you. I never go pecan pickin’ without a .45 at the ready. Sure, a squirrel is a small critter and a varmint gun would be enough to kill one. Hell, you could throw a peanut and cave in a squirrel skull. But I find that they are crafty, evil, snickering little vermin that travel in gangs. If you take out the boss squirrel, the rest of the tree rats will retreat. And I say Go Big Or Go Home. Thus the .45 caliber. One shot will take a squirrels head clean off and if THAT is not demotivating, then nothing short of a nuclear bomb will save you from the buck toothed horde. Use another bullet to save yourself from being captured. God speed and happy hunting, Ralphie Boy!

• Joyce Fisher November 20, 2012, 10:39 am

Ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahaha!!!!! First I was cracking up at the story about Ralph and then your response made me laugh even harder!!!! Oh my gosh, you guys are just too funny!!!!!! I’m so glad I decided to start my day out by reading Suzy’s blog!!!!!

Peace, Love & Joy,
      Joyce
      peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

• Suzy November 21, 2012, 2:39 pm

Hi Joyce!

Glad we put a smile in your day! Thanks for stopping by! Ralphie says, “hi!”

• Martha Lawson November 16, 2012, 2:24 pm

How cute!!!

• Paula November 16, 2012, 12:40 pm

Awww poor Ralph, well you can say he’s kept intertained through the day,lol!!!

• Brenda Williams November 16, 2012, 12:52 am

Love this post. Poor Ralph. Our Lizzie Tu (cat) jumps up in the bathroom window and a blue jay sits in the bush right next to the window and annoys her.

• Suzy November 16, 2012, 11:30 am

Those animals have their own little problems, don’t they? Ha! There is a huge squirrel in our backyard that is totally messing with Ralph. But he’s too loud to ever catch it. He gives it plenty of warning.

• Jaan L of Tx November 15, 2012, 8:40 am

Ahh, I think poor Ralphie, bless his heart, has obssive compulsive disorder. Lol I do hope you get rid of that offensive critter so Ralphie can have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Kristi November 15, 2012, 7:45 am

Ralphie is so cute! Poor guy! Get those crazy squirrels.

• Kam November 15, 2012, 6:37 am

Aaaww! Poor Ralph! Toons can be so cruel these days… Where’s Yosammity Sam when you need him?! He’d set that squirrel straight!

• Lynda November 14, 2012, 9:49 am