Batiks Gone Wild Quilt Pattern- my latest design!

Introducing my latest quilt pattern design, Batiks Gone Wild!  Earlier this year my friends at Discount Sewing Supply challenged me to create a pattern around their collection of premium quality Indonesian Batiks.  This simple pattern brings out the amazing colors of the batiks and is easy enough for a beginning quilter to tackle!

batiks gone wild quilt pattern

Like my previous patterns, Summer Jewels and Windmills at Night, this pattern appears complicated, but is actually very simple to put together. A beginning quilter can easily tackle this project, and a more experienced quilter can easily finish this 43″ x 58″ lap quilt in a weekend.

batiks gone wild quilt pattern and pillow

This original pattern is now available in my shop for $3.99! This is an 17 page, fully illustrated tutorial that includes all the instructions you need to complete this beautiful lap quilt and the matching pillow!  Pattern also includes instructions for Full Size, Queen Size and King Size!

Go to my Craftsy Pattern page and order easily from there!  You do not have to be a member of Craftsy to order!

batiks gone wild quilt pattern

You can keep up with the Sitcom on Facebook for daily updates!

For hundreds of crafty tutorials for all ages, be sure to visit my Tutorial Page!

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on the links above, and make a purchase, I would receive a small percentage.

• Lisa October 7, 2016, 8:04 pm

Hi Suzy, I just love,love your no sew bulletin board. Is there any way I can purchase the pattern from you? Thank you.

Lisa

• Nancy Walczynski February 6, 2016, 4:04 pm

My grand daughter would like a full size quilt for her bed with this pattern. (76×89) Do you have a suggestions on the best way to accomplish this project or do you sell this pattern for full size beds as well? Or does Discount Sewing Supply sell such a pattern.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Nancy

• Anonymous March 6, 2016, 12:27 am

It says in the explanation that you can order the kits in larger sizes.

• Susan Myers March 6, 2016, 9:52 am

All kits are sold out! Hopefully in the future, we can put together more.

• Sharon Tattersall October 10, 2014, 12:14 pm

I purchased your pattern and made a couch quilt from batiks and Kona snow . . . it looks WONDERFUL! I made another from batik charms and Kona smoke for a crib quilt. It also looks wonderful (makes a lovely boys quilt). I think I may make another from a batik layer cake and a neutral colour. I love this pattern!

• Susan Myers October 15, 2014, 8:38 am

Oh wow! I’d love to see your finished projects! So glad you are enjoying the pattern!

• sharon Fish May 29, 2014, 6:38 pm

I would like to. Ake Batiks gone wild in a full size, but I can’t find a pattern for that size. Is there one?

• VickiT October 29, 2013, 2:06 pm

Suzy ~ I REALLY need to stop following your blog! You cost me money woman. LOL I LOVE this quilt as much as your past quilts. I have not seen one yet that you’ve created that I did not like truthfully. I love these colors but have never worked with Batiks so this will be new to me. Are there any secrets to using them? Any secrets tricks/tips/problems when washing Batiks?
    Thanks for creating such awesome quilt patterns Suzy. I put this pattern on my wish list now and plan to buy it soon. Will it remain at this price in you shop, or do I need to buy it soon?

• Susan Myers October 30, 2013, 11:02 am

Hi Vicki!

Thank you so much for the kind words! You will love working with batiks. As a rule, they are a much higher quality fabric than the average 100% cotton that you buy for quilting. The batik dyeing process usually involves boiling the fabric (to remove the wax resist). Depending on how complex the batik design, it may have been boiled several times. So I wouldn’t worry about fabric shrinkage or pre-washing. I do wash all finished quilts with Shout Color Catchers (and if it were batiks, I’d use multiple ones). I’ve never had a problem of color bleeding with batiks, reds, black, etc as long as I use Color Catchers. In general, batiks cost more than regular fabric, but they are so worth the price.

The pattern price will remain the same at $2.99. If you are interested in the quilt kit which includes all the fabric you need for a quilt top, Discount Sewing Supply is offering specials occasionally. Currently, their pricing is better than buying the fabrics on your own. (And they are already cut for you!)

Let me know if you have more questions. Would love to see what you make!

• Erin @ DIY on the Cheap September 17, 2013, 11:10 am

Very pretty! I’d love to learn how to quilt one of these days.

• Kristen @ It Comes Full Circle September 13, 2013, 5:16 am

Wow, that is a beautiful quilt pattern! I have never tried quilting but I do love pretty quilts. Do you use special “quilt” software to create quilt patterns or do you draw them by hand?

• Susan Myers September 13, 2013, 1:24 pm

Hi Kristen,

I do it the old fashioned way- with a pencil on paper! Ha! I tried the quilt design programs, but spend more time fussing with it than necessary. Thanks so much for your kind words! Quilting is lots of fun. Even though the hubby says he doesn’t understand why we cut fabric into a million pieces and then just sew it back together. ha!

• DesignedByBH September 11, 2013, 1:09 pm

Great quilt! That’s one thing I have never learned how to do…but it’s on my bucket list for someday! Pinned! 🙂

• Lindsey, the Redhead Baby Mama September 10, 2013, 1:30 pm

If only I had more time to quilt…. *sigh*. It might have to be a project for retirement!