Free Pattern- Happy Camper Quilted Pot Holders!

Love to sew? Me too!  This week I would love to share with you my new pattern for Happy Camper Pot Holders!

welcome to Suzys Sitcom!

I’m so glad that you stopped by to check out this fun tutorial!

It is one of the most popular sewing projects on the Sitcom!  And that is saying a lot.  The Sitcom currently features over 200 fun craft tutorials!

We will be officially living full time in our RV soon.  The house goes on the market this week and we are slowly weeding out all of our belongings and getting rid of things we will no longer need.  As I work toward getting my new kitchen together, I grabbed the pile of old grubby pot holders in my kitchen drawer and decided maybe I could use some happy looking ones to go with my RV.  With that in mind, I took some of my “happy” fabrics and created some Happy Camper Quilted Pot holders.

I would love to share this fun and Free Pattern with you!
camper pot holders free pattern

Want to know how to make them?

Click here for the full instructions!

Next page2

Pages: 1 2 3 4

• My Sewing Box May 10, 2016, 5:56 pm

Love this little project! Hope you don’t mind, but we have featured on one of our blog posts about quirky sewing projects – what a find! :)
    Thanks x

• Shannon May 4, 2016, 10:55 pm

Never mind, I found it at the bottom of the PDF. Im such a doofus. Thanks again :)

• Shannon Soehl May 4, 2016, 10:49 pm

Hi there. Hope you are still enjoying life on the road! I am making these potholders for my dad and stepmom, who have been living the RV life for two years now. I subscribed to the Sitcom, and following the link in the email, I can access the instructions, but not the actual pattern. How do I get to the actual pattern templates?

• Anonymous April 5, 2016, 2:08 am

Dear Suzy, how do I get the pattern for the pot holder, every time I click on pattern all I get is “subscribe for free patterns”. I need the actual diagram of the pattern. Please help.

• Susan Myers April 5, 2016, 9:20 am

Hi anonymous!
      You have to subscribe to Suzy’s Sitcom to receive the free pattern. Let me know if you need any help.

• Margaret Thompson April 3, 2016, 8:09 am

don’t know how to get the happy camper pot holder instructions of how to put it together

• LeAnn R March 30, 2016, 7:47 pm

These are so cute! Thanks for the freebie! :) I’m going to make these for my Aunt!

• Susan Myers March 31, 2016, 1:19 pm

You are very welcome! Would love to see what you make!

• Betsy March 28, 2016, 7:24 pm

Omg. These are soo cute. First day as a member. Joined because I have made a few things out of to rolls and loved your newest project, but think I love your trailer pot holders. We have many friends who ” travel” . Gonna se how many I can make by Christmas. Love your stuff. Thanks so much

• Susan Myers March 31, 2016, 2:13 pm

Hi Betsy!
      Thank you so much for following along! The camper pot holders are one of my favorite projects. I’d love to see what you make!

• Anonymous February 9, 2016, 1:10 pm

Suzie, Please please do videos

• Lana January 3, 2016, 11:15 pm

Do you sell these?

• sara hall September 1, 2015, 8:48 am

Dear Susan: thank you so much for the free pattern, but here is a suggestion. I found another potholder on line and I really didn’t follow the directions right, but they turned out ok. On the back of the potholder was blank and I wanted these for my granddaughters teacher and bus driver at school. Here is what I did. I went and got some fabric paint put it on my granddaughters right hand and pressed it on the back side of the potholder and with fabric markers put the date year and her name. it is just a suggestion that if you can get your young grand children’s hand print on the back of the potholder you will have a fun and long lasting memory. sarah

• Nancy June 3, 2015, 3:15 pm

Susan,
    I bought Insul-bright Warm and Natural. !. Both sides are shiny, 2. The instructions don’t say to add other batting.
    Any ideas?
    Nancy

• Susan Myers June 3, 2015, 9:53 pm

Hi Nancy,

I checked the website for Insul-bright and it does not include instructions. Be sure to check the package to see if there are tips for use. I would assume that since both sides are the same, that it wouldn’t matter which side is up. I did not include any regular batting because the insulated batting was enough for my project. Regular batting in addition to insulated batting will not distribute heat, but it would make it thicker.

• Nancy May 29, 2015, 6:07 pm

I have a question. Is the back side of the hot pad supposed to be blank? This pattern came at the perfect time. We’re picking our motor home up this coming week and I am feverishly working on them now!!
    Thanks
    Nancy

• Susan Myers May 29, 2015, 9:35 pm

Hi Nancy!

The backsides of mine are blank. I used the patterned fabric that I used for the fronts. Would love to see what you come up with! And congratulations on your motor home!

• Pamela May 5, 2015, 10:58 pm

These are beyond adorable! thank you for sharing this pattern! I love them.

• Cheryl May 5, 2015, 10:01 am

These are sew cute! I may make some for hubby’s uncle and aunt, who live in an RV full time, and also for my brother and sister-in-law, who own an RV. Thanks.

• Pat May 1, 2015, 12:28 pm

These are adorable!! Thanks for the free pattern. I know just who to make them for.

• Anonymous April 30, 2015, 11:52 am

These are soooo cute!!! I’ve got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for later today that links to your tutorial:
    –Anne

• Laura Elorza April 17, 2015, 10:38 pm

I LOVE these I will try them one day hopefully soon. We too will be living on the road hopefully sometime this year. My fiance was forced into a early retirement due to losing his leg and hurting his right arm in a hit & run May 18, 2014. We are trying to turn a bad situation into a silver-lining. We planned on traveling when he retired but maybe God had another plan for us. We bought our trailer and now we are just waiting on him getting his leg which will be happily for his birthday April 30. So, soon it will be him, I and our 2 dogs on the road too. I can’t wait to see all the amazing places we have been dreaming about. I hope to have these super cute pot holders in our new trailer. Thank you for the great idea.

• Susan Myers April 18, 2015, 1:43 pm

Thank you so much! When you decide to make them, I’d love to see what you come up with! You will love the RV lifestyle! Hope to see you on the road!

• Sue {munchkin munchies} February 6, 2015, 12:36 am

Seriously, the CUTEST potholders EVER! You are so talented! Do you sell any of your crafts?

• Michelle @ Acupuncture Volunteering February 5, 2015, 10:03 am

Oh my gosh, these are so adorable! I love them. They would make such great gifts!

• Carlee @cookingwithcarlee February 4, 2015, 11:19 am

Now these are one of the cutest things I have seen in a while!!

• Ashley ~ 3 Little Greenwoods February 1, 2015, 10:16 pm

Absolutely adorable! I love the colorful fabric you used on your Happy Camper pot holders!

Thank so much for sharing on Show Me Saturday!
    ~ Ashley

• Melanie LaDue January 30, 2015, 11:07 pm

OMG these are darling! I love everything about them! I would love it if you’d come visit Skip The Housework link party and link them up! http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/skip-housework-link-party-54/

• Audrey January 30, 2015, 1:51 pm

these are too cute to use for pots! but they would make great gifts for friends with campers.

saw this on Foodie Friends Friday.

• Susan Myers February 2, 2015, 4:53 pm

Hi Audrey,

Thanks so much! Yep, I don’t want to get mine dirty. I may use them as placemats! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by!

• Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile January 29, 2015, 2:02 am

These are the cutest pot holders EVER! Thank you for sharing at Treasure Box Tuesday. Sharing and pinning and making for family reunion this summer :-)
    xoxo
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

• Susan Myers February 2, 2015, 4:45 pm

Thank you so much! I totally have camper on the brain right now! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing!

• T'onna @ USS Crafty January 26, 2015, 10:12 pm

Adorable! These would be great as mug rugs, too! Pinning!

• Susan Myers January 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

Thank you so much! And thanks so much for sharing!

• Terrie January 26, 2015, 6:44 pm

I love these potholders! Vintage RVs are one of my favorite things so of course I love anything that has to with them. I’m going to make some to put in my new trailer for this summer. Thanks for the pattern and tutorial!

• Susan Myers January 28, 2015, 1:32 pm

Hi Terrie!

Thank you so much! Would love to see what you come up with!

• Kate Rigby (@mrsdiggerhound) January 26, 2015, 3:12 pm

Your blog is lovely too :)

• Kate Rigby (@mrsdiggerhound) January 26, 2015, 3:06 pm

These are so gorgeous. Brilliant tutorial. When I first saw them, I though I want to make these but it looks hard but you tutorial is really good so will give it a try :)

Over from Too Cute Tuesday

• Susan Myers January 28, 2015, 1:31 pm

Thank you so much! They are very simple to make. In fact, I found some more colorful fabric and am making more! LOL! Thank you so much for stopping by!

• Julie January 26, 2015, 1:00 pm

Oh my, they are gorgeous! Too nice to hold a hot pot with! You could put them on the wall, or make a set of place mats (no, they would still be covered if they were place mats!) Just so cute.

• Susan Myers January 28, 2015, 1:29 pm

Thank you, Julie! They are lots of fun to make. The fusible web makes it very simple. Place mats are a cool idea too!

• Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge January 26, 2015, 12:00 pm

These are super cute! Thanks for the tutorial!

• Susan Myers January 28, 2015, 1:27 pm

Hi Jenn,

Thank you so much! They were fun to make and I love a pop of color in the kitchen. Thanks for stopping by!

• rebecca s January 21, 2015, 4:55 pm

Love these ! Have lots of friends and family that camp a lot so I have gifts to make now . just a quick question , do you need or have to use fusible web ?

• Susan Myers January 21, 2015, 8:18 pm

Hi Rebecca,

If you are not comfortable with fusible web, you can always pin the pieces in place until you zig zag stitch them down. I love fusible web because it seems to go faster for me. Would love to see what you come up with!

• Theresa December 14, 2014, 6:18 pm

I didn’t see a link to the pattern. It only linked to a picture :-/

• Susan Myers December 14, 2014, 10:38 pm

Under the supply list the words “Camper Potholders Pattern” are a link to the pattern.

• Joni December 1, 2014, 11:17 am

Wouldnt have a couple of these to sell would you? I dont sew but would love these as a gift for a friend. :)

• Susan Myers December 2, 2014, 9:53 pm

Hi Joni!

I do not have any to sell at the moment, but may start making them for my Etsy shop soon. I just have to get past this selling of my house phase to have a bit more time.

• Debbie November 30, 2014, 7:24 am

Thank you for the cute potholder pattern. We are living 1/2 the dream. We stay at a permanent campsite on the beach of Lake Erie. 7 months of the year and the other 5 here in our home. Maybe someday we’ll take the big step , but for now this is our “good life”.

• Susan Myers December 2, 2014, 9:51 pm

Hi Debbie!

I like your idea of a good life! Seven months out of the year sounds fabulous! We decided to jump in with both feet and just get rid of everything. But I have to tell you, it is not as easy as it sounds. Seems that you can get attached to your belongings especially when you have accumulated them over 25 years of marriage. I look forward to less stress and more fun times in the future!

• Anonymous January 28, 2015, 1:57 pm

We took the plunge about 12 years ago and not regretted it at all. The family now h as a vacation place to visit. Florida

• Cookie17 November 28, 2014, 9:49 pm

I love love these you did great job on these as every thing you do.I don’t know how sew but if I did I make lot give for presents that’s how cute they are Thank’s….

• Susan Myers December 2, 2014, 9:48 pm

Thank you so much! They were very fun to make!

• Janice Dinse November 28, 2014, 9:16 pm

We have been thinking of doing the same thing, I have a 24 x 24 sewing room now, everybody says what will you do with all your sewing stuff (10′ long arm quilter too) and I said, probably have to sell it all, you do what you have to do sometimes. Have fun and live life to the fullest! Thanks so much for the pattern, I will certainly give it a try.

• Susan Myers December 2, 2014, 9:46 pm

Hi Janice!
      You are so right. You only live once. I plan on continuing my quilting – but do not own a long arm. You probably won’t be able to fit that on board. LOL! We did get a RV with a ton of storage because my craft and sewing room is huge and since that is my business, it will be going along with us. Told the hubby that we might have to tie him to the roof for more room. :)

• FLo December 3, 2014, 1:39 am

thank you for this great tuto !
      I

• Rocki Rothacker November 27, 2014, 9:15 pm

You have written my story! We listed our house just over 2 weeks ago and already have a full-price offer. We have moved into our 5th-wheel awaiting delivery of a 40-ft Class A next week. Our retirement years will be spent traveling the USA with me quilting along the way.

• Susan Myers December 2, 2014, 9:42 pm

So cool! I hope we have the same luck with our house sale. Good luck to you on your retirement and quilting adventure!!