Santa Tissue Box Cover Pattern!

Well, it is that time of year again.  Running around getting ready for the holidays, shopping, standing in long lines, dealing with lots of folks and chilly weather.  And to top it off, it is the start of cold and flu season.

To keep our holiday spirits up, I created a fun crochet pattern for a Santa Tissue Box Cover!  Because your tissue box totally needs a holiday outfit!

crocheted santa tissue box cover pattern

This crochet pattern is very simple, but makes a fun holiday focal point just in time for the holidays.  I mean, you certainly can’t have naked tissue boxes hanging around now can you?  Luckily for you, I happen to be on the case.  Want to know how to make it?

Affiliate links to Amazon below:

Santa Tissue Box Cover Crochet Pattern

Red yarn (8 ply)
Size H Crochet Hook
Square tissue box
Black belt (from thrift store)
Faux fur (from dollar store santa hat)
Hot Glue

crocheted santa tissue box cover pattern

Rnd 1: Chain 18, join with Sl St creating a loop.

Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in loop. *Ch 2, 3 dc in loop.  Repeat from * around 7 times.  Ch 2, join with Sl St in first Ch 2.  Total shells will be 8.

Rnd 3: Sl st 3 times to get to space.  Ch 2, 2 dc in sp; ch 2, 2 dc in same space. (creates corner) *Ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1. 3 dc in next space, ch 2, 3 dc in same space (corner).  Repeat from * around 2 more times.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1, sl st into first shell.   You will now have a square.

Rnd 4: Sl st 3 times to get to first space.  Ch 2, 2 dc in sp; ch 2, 2 dc in same space. (corner) *Ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1, 3 dc in next space; ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 2, 3 dc in same space (corner).  Repeat from * around 2 more times.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1, 3 dc in next space, ch 1, sl st into first shell.

At this point, your square should be about the same size as the top of your tissue box.

crocheted santa tissue box cover pattern

Rnd 5-14:  Sl st 3 times to get to first space.  Ch 2, 2 dc in sp; *ch 1, 3 dc in next space.  Repeat from * ch 1, sl st into first shell.

Click here for more!

Next page2

Pages: 1 2

• Anonymous April 4, 2016, 10:07 am

Rnd 5-14: Sl st 3 times to get to first space. Ch 2, 2 dc in sp; *ch 1, 3 dc in next space. Repeat from * ch 1, sl st into first shell.
    I have a question on this: do I sl st 3 times to get to first space and ch2, 2 dc everytime I add a row, I tries just the * and ends don’t come out good. please help.

• Sahana October 18, 2015, 2:14 pm

Awww!! This is so cute 🙂 Such a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

• Denise/DIY Crush October 15, 2015, 6:51 pm

TO DIE FOR CUTE!! Love it!! I would like to invite you to my DIY Crush Craft Party which starts at 7pm EST. and is new every Thursday. I’ll pin every post!! 😉

• Sue S. November 14, 2014, 8:39 am

This is SO adorable and looks like it’s FUN to make! Thank you SO very much for sharing your talent! Have a blessed day! I like the idea of a snowman one, also! Hint, hint, hint! LOL

• DP November 11, 2014, 3:49 pm

The Santa tissue box is adorable. Thank you for sharing your pattern. Such a clever idea. It would be nice it they could put the share button on the other side of the page so you can read what it says and be able to see what you’re typing, just a thought.

• jet November 5, 2014, 9:24 am

Hi, funny and cute!!! It’s remembering of the toiletpapertubes stored ones in cars and toilets with a crochteting covering to made them hidden.LOL
    But this is much funnier.
    welll done girl!!!!

• Lynda November 4, 2014, 10:26 am

OMG!!!!! This would be great for the ornament club!!!! How about a snowman one too?

• Susan November 4, 2014, 10:11 am

Suzy, I love your stuff. I am really excited to hear how you are getting along with your transition to full time RV’ers. Hope you will share all about it.

• Susan Myers November 6, 2014, 8:36 pm

Thank you so much! Keep an eye out this week because I will be posting about our progress. The house is a major mess, but we see a light in the horizon!

• Andrea Kruse November 3, 2014, 12:46 pm

Yes, I have quite a few “naked” tissue boxes that need one of these! I am sad to say that I haven’t mastered crochet yet, I am a knitter and always manage to mess up my crochet granny squares. I hope there is still hope for me! Love this, and I agree it is a fabulous time to stock up for colder weather. #client