This post was sponsored by Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ, the recipe is my own! #SmokehouseBBQ
We are having our first yard sale tomorrow, the kitchen is in the midst of being remodeled, and our house is an absolute mess. Not a single flat spot to be had. And still folks want to be fed. Imagine that! So, I made up a batch of quick and easy Chicken and Dumplings Casserole with Farm Rich Smokehouse Dry Rub Chicken. Perfect for a chilly evening!
This meal takes about 15 minutes to put together, about 20 minutes in the oven, and you have toasty Chicken and Dumplings that everyone thinks you slaved over! Just toss a bit of flour on your nose, serve it up, and folks will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
So, let me fill you in on a few of my shortcuts…
The first shortcut involves Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ Chicken. Walmart was having a fun demo for it last weekend and I was able to get a taste test right in the store. The Farm Rich Smokehouse is a new line in the multi-serve meal category at Walmart. The line features all natural meat. You can choose from:
- Pulled Beef Brisket in a Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- Double Rubbed Dry Smoked Pork
- Double Rubbed Dry Smoked Chicken
The unsauced items such as the dry rub smoked chicken are perfect for recipes. They are fully cooked, hand pulled, and ready to go! Which totally made it work for my kind of cooking. Fast and to the point so that I can go back to more important things. You know- like crafting.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Casserole
1 pkg. Farm Rich Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken
1/4 cup butter
1 (16 oz) bag frozen vegetables
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1 can refrigerated biscuits
Grab a nice sized frying pan and melt the butter. Oh, and go ahead and set your oven on 350 degrees. You will need it shortly.
Add in the frozen veggies and turn burner on high. I chose a mix for this, but depending on tastes, you could just go with just corn and peas if you have some picky folks that you are feeding. My hubby is incredibly picky, so he will be removing the peas and placing them in a neat little pile on the side of his plate just like a six year old. But he is cute, so I live with it…
Add in the flour, sugar, salt, and pepper and mix.
Then add in the four cups of chicken broth. You want this to come to a boil, but be sure to stir it constantly. This is no time to finish painting a project. Just saying.
The sauce will start to thicken as it comes to a boil. Allow it to boil for about a minute and then turn the heat down a bit.
Now add in the Dry Rub Smoked Chicken. Keep stirring and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Place the chicken and veggie mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
And here is major shortcut number two! Refrigerated biscuits! Scare the dogs and pop open your container, and place your biscuits over top of the chicken mixture.
I used large biscuits, so I was only able to get six of them in my baking dish. I set the extras aside for breakfast. See! I’m a multi-tasker!
Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are nice and brown. Turn around and your kitchen will suddenly be full of hungry folks.
(Make sure you throw the flour on your nose before then).
- 1 pkg. Farm Rich Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- Set your oven at 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add in the frozen veggies and turn burner on high.
- Add in the flour, sugar, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Then add in the four cups of chicken broth. You want this to come to a boil, but be sure to stir it constantly.
- The sauce will start to thicken as it comes to a boil. Allow it to boil for about a minute and then turn the heat down a bit.
- Now add in the Dry Rub Smoked Chicken. Keep stirring and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken and veggie mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Place your biscuits over top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are nice and brown.
Need a coupon for Farm Rich Smokehouse products?
Well I totally have your back. Go to Farm Rich Smokehouse for some great ways to save!
For more fun recipes, be sure to follow them on their social networks!
Are you new to the Sitcom? Be sure to check out my Frequently Asked Questions Page!
For over 200 crafty tutorials for all ages, visit my Tutorial Page!