Fun to make Sparkling Flamingo Plant Pokes

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringTheTropicsHome #CollectiveBias

We live full time in our RV.  That is two of us plus two dogs living in about 400 square feet of space.  The ultimate tiny home!  So you can imagine that sometimes our tiny home can smell a bit stale.  A few weeks ago, we ran across new all® Fresh Tropical Mist™ at Walmart.

It has such a fabulous aroma of the tropics and inspired me to create some fun Sparkling Flamingo plant pokes, bringing the tropics to our Arizona desert back yard!

flamingo plant pokes

Yes, sparkling flamingos!  Because what self respecting motorhome wouldn’t have a flamingo or two out front?

all fresh tropical mist

Fresh Tropical Mist is all®’s newest scent offering!  Now when we do laundry, our little house fills with the floral scent of the tropics.

We love that it costs 30% less than the leading brand, and contains in-wash pre-treaters for great stain removal.  It works great for getting out the toughest stains that the Arizona desert dirt has to offer, and leaves our home and clothes smelling of the tropics!

Inspiration is everywhere. And I found it this week with all® Fresh Tropical Mist™.  I sat down and created some easy to make Sparkly Flamingo Plant Pokes!   Along with a free flamingo pattern!

sparkling flamingo plant pokes

White Polymer Clay
Wooden dowels
Flat backed Gemstones
Clear glue (E6000 glue)
Acrylic Paint
Flamingo Pattern

Click here for the instructions!

Next page2

Pages: 1 2

• Vivian June 21, 2016, 4:10 pm

Can these be used in potted plants outside? If not, what kind of materials could you use to make them for outside.

• Susan Myers June 23, 2016, 1:19 pm

Hi Vivian!

If you use a glue that works well for outdoors, such as E6000 glue, they would be fine!

• Erica @ Dwell Beautiful June 17, 2016, 4:15 pm

These are so fun!! Everybody needs a little bling in their life and these flamingos are perfect 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up at The DIY Collective!

• Georgette Sturm June 17, 2016, 7:42 am

Great flamingo idea. Can’t wait to get the all tropical also. Glad I signed up. Thank you.

• Edye June 15, 2016, 12:30 pm

These are adorable, Suzy! Such a unique idea 🙂

Blessings,
    Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

• Pamela June 14, 2016, 7:51 pm

Your flamingos are so cute! And of course, bling!! Great little project. Thanks for sharing!

• Kim~madeinaday June 14, 2016, 11:48 am

What a cute idea, love the sparkles on clay! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on G+! Have a great week!
    Kim

• Anonymous June 14, 2016, 8:33 am

Oh my! I LOVE this! I saw some little Flamingo lights at Michael’s (or was it JoAnn?) to hang on the camper…and they were 60% off. Why didn’t I buy them? Anyway…..wonder what would happen if you used regular all-round marbles, stick them in the clay before you bake? Would they stick? I know the marbles make a cool crackle effect when you bake them. Guess I could glue them in if they didn’t stick. What do you think? I ask because I have an absolute boat-load of round marbles as well as the flat sided marbles and the gemstones….haven’t found a lot of use for the round marbles yet other than vase fillers. But they’re so pretty 🙂

• Rhonda June 14, 2016, 8:36 am

Sorry I forgot to put my name on that last post…

• lisa June 19, 2016, 8:26 pm

i think u could but i would make a indent in the clay were u want them an then cook clay then cook your marbles in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes then put cooked marbles into ice water then when cool an dry use clear glue to attach to spots on clay

• Susan Myers June 23, 2016, 1:23 pm

Hi Lisa!

You could certainly try it! Would love to see what you come up with!

• Jackie June 9, 2016, 9:21 am

Love the flamingos!

Last time I read about your adventures, you were in Florida. I must have missed something, since you are in Az now. Just wanted to say welcome to Arizona. You must like extreme heat. Given a choice, I would be in California bout now! LOL

• Susan Myers June 12, 2016, 1:44 am

Hi Jackie!

Thanks for the welcome! We changed campgrounds to Williams Circle Pines in Williams near the Grand Canyon. No extreme heat here at 7000 feet. In fact the evenings are still jacket weather! We love this part of Arizona! It has been a fun addition to our adventure.

Suzy

• Adriana June 8, 2016, 4:02 pm

What a lovely DIY loving those flamingos and looks fairly easy to make thanks for your participation on this campaign =) #client