How to make a Faux Tiffany Lamp with paint and glue!

Adding Color

Mix your colors one at a time. I used a small muffin tin to contain it. Add about 2 teaspoons of clear glue to about 5 or 6 drops of acrylic paint. It doesn’t take a ton of paint to color the glue.

Using a paintbrush, generously add the colored glue to where you want it, making sure to get all the way to the edges of your black glue lines.

I found it helped to periodically hold it up to the light to be sure I didn’t miss spots. Use a generous hand with the colored glue, filling your brush completely and dabbing it on in order to minimize bubbles.

Once all the areas are filled in, allow it to dry for about an hour.

The final touch is to go back over your black glue lines with a black permanent marker to cover up any areas that got colored paint overlapped onto the black.

Assemble the lamp. And there you go! A poor man’s Tiffany Lamp!

If you enjoyed this tutorial and the faux stained glass technique, please take a moment to check out my Faux Stained Glass Tutorial where I create a peacock stained glass picture out of an old frame and glass.

If you enjoy faux techniques, check out my Faux Textured Chair Rail tutorial. A great way to add style to a room on a tight budget.

For over 200 crafty tutorials for all ages, visit my Tutorial Page!

Pages: 1 2

• Angie ~ ambient wares April 6, 2017, 7:43 pm

You did an amazing job! I have a lamp almost exactly like this but, I don’t know that I could make it as beautiful! I wanted to let you know I’ll be including this in a round up at tonight’s Funtastic Friday party 🙂

• Shirley Wood March 7, 2017, 7:17 am

This post is Featured at this week’s Merry Monday party. Pinned. So glad you party with us.

• Emily March 5, 2017, 5:38 pm

Wow, what a makeover! Great idea. Pinning and sharing. Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersParty

• Shirley Wood March 2, 2017, 4:55 pm

Keen eye in the thrift store! I would not have had that vision. Love it! The outcome is beautiful. #merrymonday

• Debra February 23, 2017, 5:07 pm

[Do you know an alien? In the photograph above ‘Wash and dry all the glass pieces…’ there is what looks like a hand with about seven fingers!]

• Kimberly February 23, 2017, 10:59 am

I like this idea! I would alternate with two or three coordinated panel designs. If you have a large enough light box, you could place your panel on that while painting, and then be able to see missed areas while painting. Making a trip to the thrift store!

• Susan February 22, 2017, 11:57 am

You are one heck of an artist, you are amazing ! I do have a question on the lamp. My drawing skills are stick people so…. is there a place that I can go to for a “tiffany” pattern ? Thank you, Sue

• Pamela February 22, 2017, 8:03 am

You are totally awesome! You have the most amazing how tos, crafts, quilts and you are truly gifted in the arts. Thank you for all your work and great ideas. Absolutely love this lamp. Hope I can find one to upcycle.