Camp Rules Chalkboard Pattern

I have a problem.  I just love those little “Rules” signs that have all different fonts in them.  Since we live full time in our RV, I have absolutely no wall space.

None.

But I couldn’t help myself.  I found a chalkboard, some chalk markers, and created a fun Camp Rules Pattern!

camping rules chalkboard

Of course, I want to share the pattern with you!  It was so much fun to make and I love the cool chalkboard look!

camping rules chalkboard

In fact, I had so much fun making this project that I see more on the horizon!  Fun little Rules signs in tons of great fonts.  The hubby says to have all the fun I want, but all those signs are not going to sit around on the couch.  Walls are at a premium here…

Looks good on the couch though.  Doesn’t it?

Want to know how to make it?

camping rules chalkboard

This post contains some affiliate links to Amazon

1 ea. 24″ x 10.5″ chalkboard
White Chalk Pens
Colored Chalk
FREE camping rules pattern

Note:  If you cannot locate the chalkboard, you can always create your own.  Simply paint a piece of wood cut to the proper dimensions with either chalkboard paint or plain black paint!

camping rules chalkboard

Begin by printing out your free patterns!  I created this one using all my basic rules since heading out on the road in our RV.  These are the rules we live by.

What a great way to live…

camping rules chalkboard

Work on your project one line at a time, beginning at the top.  Flip over your pattern and color in the top line using the colored chalk.  (Any color is fine).

camping rules chalkboard

Flip the pattern over on top of the chalk board and trace the lines of the first line with a pencil.  It will transfer the chalk onto the board.

camping rules chalkboard

Use those lines to draw in with the permanent Chalk Markers.  I love this look!

camping rules chalkboard

Use the above process to work your way from the top down, filling in the letters in a way that makes you happy.

camping rules chalkboard

The final project is one of my new favorites!

So where am I going to hang it?  I glued magnets on the back and I have it hanging on my refrigerator.  I love the fun look of handmade touches in my RV.

So…

I’m thinking about creating more of these “Rules” signs.  Any suggestions?  Family rules, Table Rules, Rules at the Beach… What would you like to see?

Love Camper Themed Crafts?

camper craft projects

Check out my free patterns for Happy Camper Pot Holders and a fun Happy Camper Valentine Card Box!

Be sure to subscribe to the Sitcom for even more free patterns!

free pattern button

Are you new to the Sitcom?  Visit my Frequently Asked Questions Page!

For over 200 crafty tutorials for all ages, visit my Tutorial Page!

• Donna Bryant May 4, 2017, 9:06 am

Thanks so much for this! I love it and am definitely going to try it!

• Cheryl March 11, 2016, 11:41 am

Another great project! I need to make several of these. Craft on!

• bonbon @ Farmhouse 40 February 7, 2016, 9:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this cute idea at INSPIRE ME MONDAY link party. I hope to see there again this Monday. Hugs!!! http://www.farmhouse40.com

• Ashley February 7, 2016, 7:28 pm

This is so cute!! I live those rules signs too and the chalkboard aspect makes it even better. Thanks for sharing!

• Cassie @ Little Red Window February 4, 2016, 10:15 am

This is so cute! I love how you transferred the drawing onto the chalkboard, what a great idea! Thanks for linking up with The DIY Collective Link Party this week! I hope you come back and link up again next thursday! xo! Cassie

• Heidi February 3, 2016, 12:17 pm

This is the cutest!! So making one for a girl’s camp I’m a part of this summer!

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood February 2, 2016, 11:06 pm

This is so so cute! And so easy! Thank you so much for sharing, I love this!

• Marie February 1, 2016, 8:43 pm

I love this! What an easy way to make a fun and adorable rules sign! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

• Brenda Young January 31, 2016, 3:38 pm

Love how your chalkboard came out, great choice of fonts!

• DiEtta January 31, 2016, 12:27 pm

This is such a cute idea……my son just bought a new travel trailer, going to make this for him and his family. So here’s my idea for one. How about “LIFE RULES”……..NEVER HATE…DON’T WORRY…LIVE SIMPLY…EXPECT A LITTLE…GIVE A LOT…ALWAYS SMILE…LIVE WITH LOVE…BEST OF ALL, BE WITH GOD. Have a beautiful day…:-)

• Lynda January 29, 2016, 9:07 am

That’s really cool. I didn’t even know permanent chalk markers were out there. LOL

• Pamela January 28, 2016, 10:46 am

I would especially like to see craft/sewing room rules and garden rules.

In addition there could also be playroom rules, grandparents house rules, travel rules, vacation rules,

I think you could sell these on Etsy for those people who don’t have time or inclination to make them for themselves. I also think they would make wonderful gifts.

• Susan Myers February 3, 2016, 10:55 pm

Hi Pam!

Thank you so much for the great ideas! I really love the craft/sewing room idea and it just may be one of my next patterns! As for Etsy, well I just need a bit more time in my day! LOL!