This post was sponsored by Success® Rice. The recipe is my own…
You know I love quick recipes. Since cooking takes me away from my craft room, it is necessary for me to come up with easy meals that the hubby loves. That is one of the many reasons that I love to cook with Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice. This week, I came up with an easy recipe for Chicken, Rice and Bean Burritos.
With crafting waiting for me in the other room, I find it difficult to hang out too long in the kitchen. I mean, how can I concentrate on making a meal when I have a room full of Gossiping Paisley Chickens waiting for their gemstones and glasses! Right? A common problem for us all, I’m sure.
What is cool about Success® Rice is the no measure, no mess boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. And…if I happen to wander off, (imagine that), the rice can sit for up to 30 minutes in hot water (with the heat off) before being served, making it foolproof and worry-free. Hence avoiding the burning of dinner. (Which is a real challenge in my house sometimes).
These yummy burritos were a total hit. Want to know how to make them?
For this recipe I used:
1 package Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 md. red bell pepper, chopped
1 can black beans, drained
1 pkg. whole wheat tortillas (recipe makes 10)
shredded mexican blend cheese
Salsa and sour cream (if desired)
- Begin by placing the package of rice into a pan of water and start it to boil. The rice takes just 8-10 minutes once it begins to boil. It can then sit in the pan until you are ready for it.
- Spray your pan with oil, and then add the chicken pieces. Mix in a package of taco seasoning mix. Your house is going to start smelling pretty good about now…
- Chop up a medium red bell pepper. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add the red bell pepper. Cook until the chicken is done and the pepper is soft.
- Remove the bag of rice from the pan of water, allow it to drain and then carefully open it. Add the cooked rice to the mixture.
- Finally, add the beans. Mix well. It is now ready for your burritos!
- Lay out a tortilla and add several nice spoonfuls of the chicken, rice and bean mixture. Place it in the top center of the tortilla as shown above.
- Add some shredded cheese to the top. Then fold the bottom of the tortilla up, overlapping the bottom of the chicken and rice mixture. Fold each side over.
- Place the tortillas in a non-stick pan (or spray with oil). Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- About now, all the folks in your house will be meandering into the kitchen wanting to know if dinner is ready.
Serve your burritos with salsa or sour cream or both. This recipe takes a total of 30 minutes from start to finish and is one of my family’s favorites!
Want the chance to win some fun prizes?
Success® Rice is one of the participating brands in a sweepstakes from O, The Oprah Magazine! Visit The Oprah Magazine online, submit the entry form and pin with inspiration from O‘s PROMO: How Are You Cooking This Fall? Pinterest board for a chance to win a variety of culinary-themed prizes!
Success® Rice offers 4 varieties including: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties including Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice.
For more than other 300 recipes, be sure to visit their website . And for additional recipe inspiration, lifestyle tips and more, like and follow Success Rice’s social pages!
Do you know a fun and easy rice recipe? Share it in the comments below!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice
Are you new to the Sitcom? Be sure to check out my Frequently Asked Questions Page!
You can keep up with the Sitcom on Facebook for daily updates!
For over 100 crafty tutorials for all ages, be sure to visit my Tutorial Page!