Gossiping Birds Tote- fun with Neon!

Tired of a cold dark winter?  Well, I’m here to bring some neon brightness to you to chase away the cold winter blues!  Use neon fabric paints to create something bright and springlike!  How about a Gossiping Birds Tote!

fluorescent gossiping birds tote

I pulled out my Gossiping Birds pattern because I knew it would work well with bright neon colors.  You have seen it done before with paint on a mirror, this time I’m making a cute neon tote!  Want to know how?

This post contains affiliate links to Amazon

Tulip Dimensional Neon Fabric Paint
Tulip Fabric Markers in neon
Tulip Dimensional fabric paint in black
Cotton Tote
Gossiping Birds Pattern (see link below)
Adhesive gemstones

Gossip Pattern

fluorescent gossiping birds tote

Begin with a regular generic tote. You can find them at most craft stores.  Print out your pattern and use a piece of carbon paper to transfer it to the tote.  (I enlarged my pattern just a bit to fit by using a copier).

Ready to get started?  Click here for the instructions!

Next page2

Pages: 1 2 3

• Diana June 22, 2017, 5:42 pm

Love the birds. Want to make it on a mirror. But I can’t get the pattern without your logo on it??
    Thanks so much for sharing,

• Susan Myers June 22, 2017, 9:36 pm

Hi Diana!

Do you mean the copyright information? That is put on there to protect the pattern. All you have to do is trace the pattern itself. Hope that helps.

• Lisa D Bartusch April 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Suzy,
    Love this idea, I have the bird pattern (also new to being a craft person) how did you transfer the birds onto your tote?? Can’t wait to try this.Thanks so much….

• Susan Myers April 24, 2017, 3:17 pm

Hi Lisa!

A transfer pencil works great for fabric. You can find them at your local sewing supply store or Walmart. I print out the pattern on paper, and then hold it up to the window to trace the pattern on the back of the paper using the transfer pencil. You will end up with a reverse of the design.

Then lay it on the fabric with the transfer pencil side down. Iron with a hot iron. Remove the paper and there you have it! Would love to see what you make!

• asha March 13, 2016, 1:15 am

Suzy,,, Your tutorial and you are shining in that…
    This is such a cute idea. specially u have given the name gossipling bird so nice..thanks for sharing..all the best for you. i cant wait to try this..God bless you

• Liz October 17, 2015, 2:49 am

Wow, I love everything about this bag! The colors, the birds, the materials you used! Very nice!

• Katrin@KreativK.net October 12, 2015, 6:21 am

Suzy this is so beautiful! I love the birds and the colours and all on a tote! Great idea! Thanks for sharing, I found you at STTA Link party over at Karen’s up on the hill!!!

• deb March 6, 2014, 2:11 pm

Love the bird bag! I used your bird image on a gift for my sister for her 60th Birthday. She loves birds and this image was perfect. Thank you for sharing. I supplied a link to this post on my blog about my project.

• Marilyn February 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

WOW this is absolutely stunning!

• Heather - dollar store mom February 14, 2014, 12:13 pm

Super cute & fun project, Suzy! I love it. Lots of possibilities for this technique!

• Samantha February 11, 2014, 11:02 am

That is really cute. Love the bird pattern.

• sue February 10, 2014, 10:31 pm

So bright and colourful, I love it!

• Molly Smith February 10, 2014, 7:55 pm

Oh Suzy this is so pretty! I love bright colors – and birds. I cannot wait to try this. (You always make it look easy 🙂 Great photos! xo

• Susan Myers February 11, 2014, 5:03 pm

Thanks, Molly! I love neons. They totally brighten up a dull winter day!